Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Fun game overall. Home cooking with the officiating was really noticeable. Hoping Garland is back soon. Rubio coming back from injury will be really helpful to our team construction. Levert needs to get moved for whatever we need most (3&D wing, PG depth, etc.) at the deadline based on injuries and growth by younger guys, I just don't see his fit. 

11 hours ago, DawgX said:

Missed the game. Who stood out?

Mitchell mostly. Mobley looked rusty (with which the preseason injury makes sense), Allen was solid but not as dominant as sometimes (the ref balance was... lacking. He got hit repeatedly with no calls a few times), Garland got hurt way too early to make any even preliminary conclusions. Osman had a hot night, I think he'll benefit from the gravity Garland/Mitchell absorb. Okoro had a really tough night, got called for some ticky tack fouls that threw him off. Levert was okay offensively but absolutely unplayable defensively, he needs to get moved for a 3&D wing asap. Rubio coming back will be CRITICAL in the case of Garland/Mitchell injuries or rest, Neto just isn't anything more than a garbage time player. 

• Like 1

Mobley was on some Andre Drummond type stuff. He needs to stop with that fancy dribbling on the perimeter. He’s too tall and lengthy to try those moves. I wasn’t happy with him at all yesterday. His rebounding isn’t good. He doesn’t box out. Doesn’t really try hard to grab rebounds. He didn’t contest shots that were right in his face. I hope he didn’t get caught up in his own hype over the offseason. 

allen was Allen. He played the same way he always does. 

0k0r0 continues to be a worthless bust. I didn’t buy into any of those puff pieces about him in the offseason changing his shot. 

I love cedi. Plays hard and hits open 3s. Can’t ask for more from a bench role player. 

I love Mitchell. I wanted him all off-season for this exact reason. Hes a stud. We would have lost by 30 without him. He’s on another level than anyone else we have. Including garland. There’s a reason he was the best player on a team that went to the playoffs and won several series every year of his career. Incredible inside game. Best I’ve seen since kyrie. Great shooting. Good playmaking. Even looked like he gave a damn on defense. And even a great leader. You could see him during every stoppage talking to his teammates and giving them directions. He’s been in a ton of big games and knows how to handle himself. 

Lavert is what he is. I’m a big fan but he’s basically jr smith. He’s a front runner. When he’s on the floor with Mitchell or garland he looks good. But when he’s needed to run the offense he’s not that guy. He’s very fluid and smooth but he can’t put it all together. He is what he is at this point in his career. He’s been in the league long enough. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think what irritated me was how much reaching the Raptors did with very little fouls called.

Jarrett Allen should have killed them with his size but the refs neutralized that by letting the Raptors mug him.

100%. Lots of uncalled contact. I like letting them play, but when you look at the free throw numbers, they were letting one side play a bit more than the other lol.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck