Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Cedi deserves props for playing extremely well off the bench so far.

I’ve been a Cedi fan for a long time. Still hate Ty lue for not using him in 2018. He’s in his ideal role now. Limited dribbling. Just catch and shoot and drive to the basket. Which he’s improved on. He’s in a contract year so it’s always sketchy to see this kind of high level play but I hope we sign him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Ben Simmons is done

He won’t shoot at all and had a season high 7 points. He keeps fouling out and Luka dropped 41 on them.

Also, Luka = Lebron

I honestly don’t understand how a player that talented regresses so much.  Like, did he regress as a player or did the league just figure him out and he couldn’t adjust or what?

And while I realize not everyone can become a great shooter, it’s hard to believe with the level of athleticism these guys have paired with the coaching and time to practice that’s available to them they can’t at least learn to make open jumpers.  

With Simmons it seems to be largely mental, but good grief.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I honestly don’t understand how a player that talented regresses so much.  Like, did he regress as a player or did the league just figure him out and he couldn’t adjust or what?

And while I realize not everyone can become a great shooter, it’s hard to believe with the level of athleticism these guys have paired with the coaching and time to practice that’s available to them they can’t at least learn to make open jumpers.  

I don’t really think he’s all that talented. He’s got a lot of natural ability but he’s a mental case. He doesn’t even look at the basket. 

54 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t really think he’s all that talented. He’s got a lot of natural ability but he’s a mental case. He doesn’t even look at the basket. 

The physical talents, coordination, athleticism, etc is what I meant.  It’s not like he’s some fat oaf who can barely tie his shoes, he should be able to learn to shoot reasonably well.  

At least well enough to not be a liability.

But yeah, I agree, it’s got to be a mental issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The physical talents, coordination, athleticism, etc is what I meant.  It’s not like he’s some fat oaf who can barely tie his shoes, he should be able to learn to shoot reasonably well.  

At least well enough to not be a liability.

But yeah, I agree, it’s got to be a mental issue.

I honestly think he’s shooting with the wrong hand. He does everything else in his life with his right. Yet insists on shooting with his left. He has issues. 

• Like 1

I actually learned rules about the NBA from watching LeBron guard Ben Simmons

Sixers were running 5-out and LeBron was guarding Simmons. Simmons is dribbling behind the 3 point line. LeBron stood at the rim for like 12 seconds and I couldnt understand why he wasnt getting called for a 3 second violation. Turns out if you are actively guarding the ball carrier you can sit in the paint as long as you want. And even though LeBron was 20 feet away from Ben it counted as actively guarding. 

Hilarious.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I actually learned rules about the NBA from watching LeBron guard Ben Simmons

Sixers were running 5-out and LeBron was guarding Simmons. Simmons is dribbling behind the 3 point line. LeBron stood at the rim for like 12 seconds and I couldnt understand why he wasnt getting called for a 3 second violation. Turns out if you are actively guarding the ball carrier you can sit in the paint as long as you want. And even though LeBron was 20 feet away from Ben it counted as actively guarding. 

Hilarious.

That’s how teams use to guard Tony Allen. They’d put their big on him and they'd just leave him alone at the 3 point line. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 6:44 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

about time. 0k0r0 isn’t an nba player. I actually think wade is one of those rare players who fits better with the starters than the bench because of how many open shots he’ll get. 

one of the worst moves Koby has made was drafting him but outside of the top3, it was a 3 player draft, no one has turned out to be that great. I would say picks 4-10 were toss ups and i believe no one picked in that area has turned into anything all that great 

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s just a very mentally weak dude. I couldn’t play with a guy like him.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck