Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

12 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

In all fairness, we weren’t completely healthy. No Rubio, no Allen. And if last night is any indication of how games are gonna be called the 76ers and Bucks will already be in ECF. 24FTA for Giannis against PHX lol.

Allen has gotten abused every game he’s ever played against embiid so I don’t think he would have made much of a difference. And Rubio is below average right now. He’s probably not going to be fully back to what he was until next year. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Allen has gotten abused every game he’s ever played against embiid so I don’t think he would have made much of a difference. And Rubio is below average right now. He’s probably not going to be fully back to what he was until next year. 

Well Embiid abuses everyone he goes up against. He’s the best big man in the league. But he got bailed out more than enough times. Him and Giannis literally throw their shoulder into people and then get the call everytime. It’s sketch.

So a 16 seed FDU upset a 1 seed Purdue.

Purdue has a 7’4 center who’s going to win player of the year. The tallest starter for FDU was 6’6. Their 2 starting guards are 5’8 and 5’9.

FDU won because they swarmed the hell out of Purdue and forced a TON of turnovers. 

It’s kinda crazy seeing such a massive size advantage like that be completely eliminated by the smaller guys energy and effort.

So in summary Purdue just lost to a team that is:

- Ranked Above 300 in Kenpom the whole year

- Didn't win their conference tournament

- Didn't win their conference regular season title either

- is in the NEC which ranks 32/32 for D1 conferences in the country in kenpom

- Went 4-22 Last year

- A first year coach that transitioned from D2

- Average height of players is 6'3"

- Ranked 359 in Defense in Kenpom

EDIT: They got into the tournament because they made it to their Conference finals as their opponent (Merrimack) was not eligible to make the NCAAT because of the 4 year transition period rule. They also finished Runner-up in their conference during the regular season.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So a 16 seed FDU upset a 1 seed Purdue.

Purdue has a 7’4 center who’s going to win player of the year. The tallest starter for FDU was 6’6. Their 2 starting guards are 5’8 and 5’9.

FDU won because they swarmed the hell out of Purdue and forced a TON of turnovers. 

It’s kinda crazy seeing such a massive size advantage like that be completely eliminated by the smaller guys energy and effort.

Yeah I think this goes down as the biggest NCAAB upset ever. Literally never heard of this school in my life. Purdue was not a fraud team either. They were legitimately good (I thought).

This isn’t Michigan-App State upset levels, but it’s close. Probably just below it in terms of major upsets of all-time. 

12 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah I think this goes down as the biggest NCAAB upset ever. Literally never heard of this school in my life. Purdue was not a fraud team either. They were legitimately good (I thought).

This isn’t Michigan-App State upset levels, but it’s close. Probably just below it in terms of major upsets of all-time. 

Not exaggerating when I say this- FDU executed a perfect game plan to perfection.

They had zero room for error. Playing super aggressive like they did usually leads to you getting blown out by 20+. Edey was killing them, but everybody else completely sucked.

1:13, 1:23, and 1:55 summarized their offense all night 

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 7:07 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

I think this is more of an upset than app state over michigan. Michigan was a top tier team that year, just like Purdue was a top tier basketball team. Difference is App St was the 1-AA title winners in '06 and won it again the next year. Its not like FDU was dominating  the Northeast basketball conference for years, they won 4 games last year.

Michgan ran into a juggernaut program, purdue didnt. 

This is the most frustrating team to watch in the NBA. Garland low-key sucks. I don’t watch every game, but he is hot dog water in every game I’ve watched him play. 

Our entire offense is Mitchell going God Mode. Pathetic that we get zero easy baskets and settle for contested deep 3’s and difficult floaters in the lane. 

15 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

This is the most frustrating team to watch in the NBA. Garland low-key sucks. I don’t watch every game, but he is hot dog water in every game I’ve watched him play. 

Our entire offense is Mitchell going God Mode. Pathetic that we get zero easy baskets and settle for contested deep 3’s and difficult floaters in the lane. 

JBB has zero offensive creativity. He needs to hire an offensive guru to make up for his short comings. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck