Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Soooo Mobley is a *****. I would seriously dangle him out there to see what we could get back in the way of a superstar with some testosterone in his body. 

I'm not going to lose faith because his overall game is a net positive, however his lack of offensive development especially with his jumper is worrisome. He is in year 3 and has not improved in the slightest from outside the paint.

He's a finesse big who doesn't have a jump shot. That's not good long-term, especially in the current NBA. However he is just 22 years old sooo.....idk

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm not going to lose faith because his overall game is a net positive, however his lack of offensive development especially with his jumper is worrisome. He is in year 3 and has not improved in the slightest from outside the paint.

He's a finesse big who doesn't have a jump shot. That's not good long-term, especially in the current NBA. However he is just 22 years old sooo.....idk

He's also one of the 10-12 best defenders in the league...

I mean, I'd listen to offers on anybody. But it would take a true superstar coming back for me to move Mobley.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Mobleys stats have improved everywhere. His problem is that he plays with 2 shot chucking guards who don’t want to pass the ball.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4432158/evan-mobley

I agree with the overall point, but there’s only one shot chucking G tbh.

Mobley is getting 12 shots up a game.  That’s simply not enough imo.  More offense needs to go through him.

Donovan is putting up 21 a game which is 3rd most in the league.

DG is getting 14 a game.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 5:44 AM, candyman93 said:

Mobleys stats have improved everywhere. His problem is that he plays with 2 shot chucking guards who don’t want to pass the ball.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4432158/evan-mobley

This is an outrageously bad take. Garland has been at or near the league lead in assists per game to bigs and assists per game at rim for years. He creates a ton of easy looks for Mobley, which is important because Mobley doesn’t create easy looks for himself.

Our system does suck though and JB offers no value to this team and is holding everyone back. 

• Like 2