Jump to content

Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck


LETSGOBROWNIES

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I would love for the Cavs to make a run at Lillard.

DG & Allen

for

Lilliard/Nurkic

 

Lillard/Rubio

Mitchell/Levert

Strus/Okoro

Mobley/Niang

Nurkic/Diop?

 

 

due you due it

DG> 32 year old damw

allen>nurk

 

so nah. If we thought Allen was soft just wait till you see nurk…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not sure straus is that much better than Cedi. He’s not that good

He’s not an idiot who thinks he can ISO you 1 on 1. He can also hit free throws and 3’s. Cedi was a terrible FT shooter. 

Edited by candyman93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He’s not an idiot who thinks he can ISO you 1 on 1. He can also hit free throws and 3’s. Cedi was a terrible FT shooter. 

Cedi played like he just snorted a ball of cocaine at all times. Spastic idiot who could every once in a while, produce. I loved his efforts, but he was not good 95% of the time. Not a huge Strus fan, but he will provide stability and consistency from the corners, which is where we consistently get guys wide tf open. If our wings hit corner 3’s consistently, we would be unstoppable.

 

Side note: JB’s offensive philosophy sucks. Our slow pace offensively allows teams to crash the offensive boards because they know we won’t get out and run. I don’t understand that a team with 5 well above average athletes for their positions, doesn’t run in transition. That, and corner 3’s would vastly improve this team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Side note: JB’s offensive philosophy sucks. Our slow pace offensively allows teams to crash the offensive boards because they know we won’t get out and run. I don’t understand that a team with 5 well above average athletes for their positions, doesn’t run in transition. That, and corner 3’s would vastly improve this team.

Part of the problem is that we have the 2 worst passing bigs in the entire NBA. Mobley kinda tries, but Allen dgaf.

 

Allen is Kendrick Perkins + athleticism

Edited by candyman93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Part of the problem is that we have the 2 worst passing bigs in the entire NBA. Mobley kinda tries, but Allen dgaf.

 

Allen is Kendrick Perkins + athleticism

Mobley is a good passer for a 7’0 player.

Allen isn’t, but he’s also way better than athletic K-Perkins. He has a halfway decent mid range shot, can create his shot in the post somewhat consistently, and is a switchable big.

I would love to have a stretch 4 that we could play with one of them interchangeably, but that isn’t gonna happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Idk much about Nurkic. Lillard is better than DG and probably always will be. IMO. 

Lillard declined last year and has been putting up empty numbers for years. Even if he’s better right now he won’t be for long at his age. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Part of the problem is that we have the 2 worst passing bigs in the entire NBA. Mobley kinda tries, but Allen dgaf.

 

Allen is Kendrick Perkins + athleticism

This is an insane take. Mobley is a great passer. Allen cant make outlet passes but is pretty decent in half court (only attempts simple passes but makes quick reads).

Mobley is a top tier passing big. The issue is we have an uncreative coach who doesnt know how to use him. We need high post plays and to use  Garland and Mitchell more off ball. 

 

Adebayo would be a 2 assist/game center on this team. JB sucks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll miss Cedi a little bit. He played out of control but could  dribble pass and shoot. I think we should have given most of Okoro's minues to Cedi the last 3 years and seen what happened. Okoro has no game and was given an absurdly long leash, almost no tangible improvement over 3 years. Cant pass, rebound, shoot, or dribble. Hes amazing in transition and above average at defense sure, but nothing else. 

Cedi had no leash but at least has some NBA skills for a wing.

 

Regardless Struss is a big upgrade. Hes a legit shooter and can dribble and pass

Garland / Mitchell / Struss / Mobley / Allen

With LeVert, Rubio, Niang, Okoro, and Wade supporting is fine. 

I think cutting Okoros minutes significantly is low hanging fruit for improving the team

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

We need high post plays and to use  Garland and Mitchell more off ball. 

^^^^
So much this.  
 

By running the ball through Mobley more on offense it’ll allow DG/Mitchell to “rest” a bit on offense while providing spacing as shooters.  If the defenses collapses on Mobley then let him kick it out to those guys.

This also addresses our need for shooters to some degree.

Our guards are way too ball dominant imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I'll miss Cedi a little bit. He played out of control but could  dribble pass and shoot. I think we should have given most of Okoro's minues to Cedi the last 3 years and seen what happened. Okoro has no game and was given an absurdly long leash, almost no tangible improvement over 3 years. Cant pass, rebound, shoot, or dribble. Hes amazing in transition and above average at defense sure, but nothing else. 

Cedi had no leash but at least has some NBA skills for a wing.

I mean, Okoro is still just 22 and his 3 pt % has increased each year.

With his ability to defend and run in transition he essentially just needs to be a decent shooter from the corner and he’s a viable piece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Okoro is still just 22 and his 3 pt % has increased each year.

With his ability to defend and run in transition he essentially just needs to be a decent shooter from the corner and he’s a viable piece.

Okoros 3pt% looks OK but its terrible. Hes led the league 2x years in a row in largest distance to defender on 3s (over 9 feet gap on average). And he never shoots off the dribble and most of his shots are in the corner. He has the easiest shot diet possible and only scores 6 points a game and makes <1 3 a game. 

35% shooting on wide open corner threes is unacceptably bad. Those are some of the highest value looks in the NBA and teams dont even guard him there. You should be banging in 1.2-1.3 points/shot from that range and hes at ~1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

Okoros 3pt% looks OK but its terrible. Hes led the league 2x years in a row in largest distance to defender on 3s (over 9 feet gap on average). And he never shoots off the dribble and most of his shots are in the corner. He has the easiest shot diet possible and only scores 6 points a game and makes <1 3 a game. 

35% shooting on wide open corner threes is unacceptably bad. Those are some of the highest value looks in the NBA and teams dont even guard him there. You should be banging in 1.2-1.3 points/shot from that range and hes at ~1

Well I’m pretty sure that’s why we went and signed the guys we did.

Im just saying it’s not as if he’s a finished product who can’t improve.  He has improved slowly and is still young af.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...