Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

This might be very unpopular,  but I'd go for broke on the future right now. LeBron is gone in a year and we won't beat GS anyway, so tear it down. Trade Kyrie, KLove,  and anyone else you can get value for. Be upfront with LBJ about the whole thing and maybe he'll help facilitate a trade of himself. Get all the youth and assets you can. Fans n media would destroy you for it, but we'd be thanking ownership in 3-4 years when this team is respectable and loaded up to be in a position similar to where the timberwolves were this year.

Do you think the Celts agree to adding Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum to the trade? Or maybe another asset?  What would get it done for you? 

For me I think either Brown or Tatum would work, maybe even a top 5 or lottery protected Celts pick next year.  We need more meaningful youth in our lineup, especially with the impending decision next year.  I think my preference would be Tatum but I would be great with Brown too.  The pick would be nice, but I think they need another player this year. 

3 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

Do you think the Celts agree to adding Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum to the trade? Or maybe another asset?  What would get it done for you? 

For me I think either Brown or Tatum would work, maybe even a top 5 or lottery protected Celts pick next year.  We need more meaningful youth in our lineup, especially with the impending decision next year.  I think my preference would be Tatum but I would be great with Brown too.  The pick would be nice, but I think they need another player this year. 

I think it would definitely get it done, I just don't think Ainge is going to part with either of those players tbh.

18 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

Zero percent chance. 

And they shouldn't. That would be a massive overpay. 

6 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

This might be very unpopular,  but I'd go for broke on the future right now. LeBron is gone in a year and we won't beat GS anyway, so tear it down. Trade Kyrie, KLove,  and anyone else you can get value for. Be upfront with LBJ about the whole thing and maybe he'll help facilitate a trade of himself. Get all the youth and assets you can. Fans n media would destroy you for it, but we'd be thanking ownership in 3-4 years when this team is respectable and loaded up to be in a position similar to where the timberwolves were this year.

Ah, another one who watches too much Espn and believe every BS report. 

Lebron isn't gone in a year. Despite whatever you might hear on first take or whatever. He hasn't indicated anything. 

We'll have all the time in the world to rebuild after Lebron retires. We shouldn't be thinking of that now. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Zero percent chance. 

I agree it is an overpay, unless IT needs surgery and won't even be able to play until late in the season or at all.  Seems like his injury is a lot worse than what was initially thought.  So I don't blame the Cavs for asking more.  I think it will get done in the long run but it will be interesting to see what additional compensation if any they receive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Zero percent chance. 

Problem is... IT might not play until the first of the year if at all. THEN he is a free agent. He might not ever play for the Cavs. 

The Net's pick is huge but it is no guarantee to be a top pick. What if they go on a win streak and it ends up being a 6-12#. 

Crowder is good but he is no Irving and Zizic was thrown in to make the numbers work.

So if IT cannot play then the deal for Irving is not good. Celts would be getting a top point guard for an injured FA, a backup, a big project and a first rounder. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Problem is... IT might not play until the first of the year if at all. THEN he is a free agent. He might not ever play for the Cavs. 

The Net's pick is huge but it is no guarantee to be a top pick. What if they go on a win streak and it ends up being a 6-12#. 

Crowder is good but he is no Irving and Zizic was thrown in to make the numbers work.

So if IT cannot play then the deal for Irving is not good. Celts would be getting a top point guard for an injured FA, a backup, a big project and a first rounder. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar 

Exactly. If he's not going to add value this trade isn't fair. They're getting a healthy championship guard in his prime with two years left. If they don't want to add more we can wait

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Exactly. If he's not going to add value this trade isn't fair. They're getting a healthy championship guard in his prime with two years left. If they don't want to add more we can wait

We can always wait, but we may not get a better deal.

Do you guys not remember what George and Butler were delt for?

If IT is done for the season, then it's a bad deal, but if he's playing it's not bad at all.  I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of his hip, if anything.

50 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Coby is using this time to see if another team would up their offer.

I like the Celts offer if IT plays immediately.  But if he is using this as a chess move for a better offer.  Altman will be the GOAT.

Edited by EL Brownso

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We can always wait, but we may not get a better deal.

If IT is really as bad as possibly missing the whole year, I think the reported Milwaukee deal (Brogdon, Middleton, 1st) might be better than the C's offer.

Middleton > Crowder
Brogdon > Zizic
MIL pick < Nets pick

A lot of Celts fans also need to put themselves in our shoes. If they were receiving an injured player and could void the deal, they would in a heart beat. Don't give me this honorable organization BS either! (Yeah I hear that one from a few fans.... O.o

I would call Phoenix up and see what their best offer is. I would then call up Denver and see what their best offer is. I'd call up Milwaukee and see what their best is... Lastly I would call up the celts and let them know, I want more. 

If any of the above could offer us a starter that would be ready for camp, Young player(s), and a first rounder. If the players involved would be a better deal then give the celts a chance to match it. If they don't want to, then they can have their players back and their gaping hole at PG as well. IT isn't going to magically be ready for the start of the season for them either. Why fill their PG hole with Irving? Honestly, now this is underhanded but I would void the deal knowing the damage you caused to their team. All those picks they got will be needed to pick a PG, filling a need and not BPA. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

39 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If IT is really as bad as possibly missing the whole year, I think the reported Milwaukee deal (Brogdon, Middleton, 1st) might be better than the C's offer.

Middleton > Crowder
Brogdon > Zizic
MIL pick < Nets pick

IF it's that bad, then perhaps, but we just don't know yet.

We also don't know how much the Cavs issues with the he hip are just a bargaining tactic vs a real concerns

It looks like this may end up being a game of chicken.  I can see Boston saying "hey we were up front with you about the hip injury." and then promptly saying we will give you nothing.  Maybe they would pony up a 2nd rounder which is equivalent to nothing imo.  The Cavs may say that their docs believe that the injury will be more significant and cause more time to be lost than the Celts docs said.  Without fully knowing the extent of the injury, it is difficult to say what should actually happen.  I hope that another team comes back to the table, and offers a better deal.  If Phoenix gives Bledsoe, Jackson, and a first, that would do it for me.  That would also put Kyrie in Siberia for two years, which I personally would love.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck