2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

31 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

OK, got my underdog guy to watch . Love this Dude already !

t-3pXVHupLYfYiZ3.jpg

What’s his name? Doc Walker was talking about a defensive end & a TE who are undrafted guys that he’s watching. He said the DE was always hustling to the ball, even after a WR caught it downfield. He said the guy was dominating the OT infront of him too with just power. He seems like a high effort guy.

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What’s his name? Doc Walker was talking about a defensive end & a TE who are undrafted guys that he’s watching. He said the DE was always hustling to the ball, even after a WR caught it downfield. He said the guy was dominating the OT infront of him too with just power. He seems like a high effort guy.

It's in the upper right corner . UDFA Jacub Panasiuk . Penn St I think. Need to check that . Oops, Michigan St . The T E might be the 6' 8" Curtis Hodges, Arizona St .

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

It's in the upper right corner . UDFA Jacub Panasiuk . Penn St I think. Need to check that . Oops, Michigan St . The T E might be the 6' 8" Curtis Hodges, Arizona St .

Yeah, I heard them say something about him being from Michigan St. Cool. Maybe he’s just a practice squad player, but he definitely seems like someone we should be keeping and developing for the future.

Doc Walker was excited about him and Hodges the TE. Both guys issues seem that we have other young depth developing at each position. 

At DE it’s hard to imagine Obada & JSW not being our two main back up DEs (1 will likely start in September as Chase is still recovering). We’ll likely keep 5 DEs so Panasiuk will have to beat out Toohill & Toney who flashed at times last year. 

At TE it sounds like Logan might be ready to go week 1. So, Hodges will have to beat out Bates & Cole Turner to be the back up TEs. It seems to me that Reyes & Hodges will either be competing for a 4th TE spot - if we keep 4 - or a practice squad spot as well.

I heard this morning on 980 that it was clear Reyes had improved his receiving in the off-season. Apparently he got a jugs machine and practiced all off-season on it.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I heard this morning on 980 that it was clear Reyes had improved his receiving in the off-season. Apparently he got a jugs machine and practiced all off-season on it.

He estimated he caught 10,000 balls !

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Sam has a heck of a arm!! He’s a super tough guy!!! I kept telling my bud if he’s there round 3 you run that card in. To get this guy round 5 I’m so happy we got this guy!!!

Well to be honest I wasn't on the wagon to draft Sam that early but I remember seeing him there in the 4th rd and I wanted to pick him there but we picked Butler and I was like man. But hey we picked later in the 5th rd. 

• Like 1

Training Camp Notebook | Defense shines on Day 2

https://www.commanders.com/news/washington-commanders-training-camp-notebook-defense-shines-on-day-2

Good day for the D today. Zack Zelby from the Commanders media staff said that Kendall Fuller led the way. He broke up screen play to Samuel. He broke up another pass & Holcomb got an int. Jamin Davis had a pass break up & nearly an interception. Christian Holmes the 7th round rookie had several pass break ups, he also played well in the OTAs/Mini-camp from what I read. It sounds like he has a good shot to be our 5th or 6th corner.

Sweat put pressure on Wentz all day. Toney also had what would’ve been a sack. WBK had an int he returned for a TD.

Speaking of Holmes, Bobby McCain mentioned the seventh-round rookie as someone who has stepped up. He had two pass breakups today, carrying over the solid performance he had during OTAs. Holmes faces a tough challenge to make the roster among the rest of the Commanders' talented defensive backs, but he's making a case why he deserves one of those spots.

“-- While Fuller was shutting plays down in the secondary, Montez Sweat was making life difficult for Wentz. He often found his way into the backfield, and on play, when Armani Rogers was supposed to block him, he managed to get past the tight end with ease. After the play was over, he yelled at the offense, "Do not put a tight end on me!"

-- A couple of the backup defensive ends also had exceptional plays. Shaka Toney breezed past Chris Paul during 9-on-9 drills and got to Sam Howell for what would have been a sack. William Bradley-King grabbed an interception near the end of practice and returned it for a touchdown. So far, the players have risen to challenge from Ron Rivera for the depth at defensive line to step up.”

Edited by turtle28