2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

Btw, I also want to add.

We keep hearing how Wentz is missing throws & such as the media is getting into "told ya so" mode.

But we're also hearing of long bombs grabbed by an assortment of players as well.

Count me as one of the fans that's willing to sacrifice completion 70 %percentage% with dink & Dunk Alex Smith Football VS 60% Long bombs & huge plays for TD's.

The 1st one gets you into FG range...

The 2nd one gets you into SB range.

That's all I'll say about that. Been too long since I've seen that with this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Btw, I also want to add.

We keep hearing how Wentz is missing throws & such as the media is getting into "told ya so" mode.

But we're also hearing of long bombs grabbed by an assortment of players as well.

Count me as one of the fans that's willing to sacrifice completion 70 %percentage% with dink & Dunk Alex Smith Football VS 60% Long bombs & huge plays for TD's.

The 1st one gets you into FG range...

The 2nd one gets you into SB range.

That's all I'll say about that. Been too long since I've seen that with this team.

Not me.  The point of taking things up a notch from a guy like Heinicke is adding the deep ball without taking away the rest of the passing game.  In fact, our short game would work better if the defenses were scared of the long ball.  But that is all out the door if Wentz can't make the unexciting passes. 

This is the exact fear you have with these big armed qbs.  They can't throw accurately or with touch.  I am not sure if this really true though with Wentz or he just has bouts of inaccuracy.  I think with Wentz, we have to accept that he has problems with his game.  He has bounced around the league for a reason.  I expect him to be a streaky player.  Buoying his play with a strong running game will help.

19 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Not me.  The point of taking things up a notch from a guy like Heinicke is adding the deep ball without taking away the rest of the passing game.  In fact, our short game would work better if the defenses were scared of the long ball.  But that is all out the door if Wentz can't make the unexciting passes. 

This is the exact fear you have with these big armed qbs.  They can't throw accurately or with touch.  I am not sure if this really true though with Wentz or he just has bouts of inaccuracy.  I think with Wentz, we have to accept that he has problems with his game.  He has bounced around the league for a reason.  I expect him to be a streaky player.  Buoying his play with a strong running game will help.

I've also heard from previous eagles & Colts players/fans, that Wentz just doesn't practice very well.

I have no way of confirming this, but with him learning this new Offense? It would certainly explain a little.

One thing for sure...

He should definitely see some pre season action, so we can assess his practice mentality vs his game time mentality. (At least a little)

Sure, I don't want to risk injury on one hand.

But on the other, I don't want him going against Jacksonville & stinkin' up the joint either.

I would rather go with plan B (Heinike or Howell if necessary early in the season) if Wentz just in fact sucks...

Than get destroyed by Jags, Lions & Eagles at the beginning of the year, before realizing it & making the switch.

And dropping winnable games because we weren't prepared.

6 hours ago, 4209 said:

Is that Curtis say what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nice timing on this pattern. Good pocket protection by the OL. Dotson toke his defender inside to give Samuels room to work to the outside.

I love that guy yelling us that Curtis? Curtis playing football! Take him out for the rest of practice! Back to the Peleton! 😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm hearing LBer Roquan Smith is sitting out & wanting a new contract.

I wonder if we will try to trade for a LBer.

Would like Deion Jones, but I believe he's injured right now.

Yes, Roquan Smith is sitting out but trading for him depends on several factors.

Are the Bears wanting to trade him? I haven’t heard that.

What will it take to get him? If they want a 1st round pick, I say no.

He wants paid! Which is never a good sign to trade for a veteran who just wants paid even if they are a good player. We have Payne to maybe pay & Sweat to pay soon. I don’t it makes sense to trade a high pick for Roquan Smith & make him one of the highest paid LBs in the NFL when we have other guys coming up including Holcomb.