2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

‪It really grinds my gears that the national media acts like it’s only a 2 team race (Cowboys & Eagles) to win the NFCE. We were a few bad quarters & a COVID game away from being better than the Eagles last year & we’ve clearly upgraded the QB position plus I think it’s pretty obvious that the Cowboys have gotten worse on the OL & at WR. We’re getting no love.‬

peter griffin family GIF

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

‪It really grinds my gears that the national media acts like it’s only a 2 team race (Cowboys & Eagles) to win the NFCE. We were a few bad quarters & a COVID game away from being better than the Eagles last year & we’ve clearly upgraded the QB position plus I think it’s pretty obvious that the Cowboys have gotten worse on the OL & at WR. We’re getting no love.‬

peter griffin family GIF

Why should they?  Last year we had playoffs in our grasp and rolled over at the end of the season.

Our offseason consisted of overpaying for other teams discard pile in Carson Wentz and then we extended TM.  That's it.   The Eagles did a lot more to improve their team.  The Cowboys have a qb and a lot of established skill position players already.  Our prize defensive player may not play for a quarter of a season.  Our Defense was supposed to carry the team last year and dropped a goose egg.  Our defensive backfield was horrible last year and we didn't upgrade it at all. 

Like you, I am optimistic, but if we want respect, we need to win games.  Until then I agree with the media.

35 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Why should they?  Last year we had playoffs in our grasp and rolled over at the end of the season.

Our offseason consisted of overpaying for other teams discard pile in Carson Wentz and then we extended TM.  That's it.   The Eagles did a lot more to improve their team.  The Cowboys have a qb and a lot of established skill position players already.  Our prize defensive player may not play for a quarter of a season.  Our Defense was supposed to carry the team last year and dropped a goose egg.  Our defensive backfield was horrible last year and we didn't upgrade it at all. 

Like you, I am optimistic, but if we want respect, we need to win games.  Until then I agree with the media.

ImI’m not saying they have to say we’re going to win the division but to act like it’s just a 2 team race is ridiculous 

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s gotten plenty of chances. Perhaps he’s not what some think he is.

Well to be fair he has submarined himself with a bad timing injury, but it seems to me like he generally capitalizes on his opportunities only to be put back on the shelf in a backup role.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Will Cam Sims finally get his chance?

Can Sims has had plenty of time to make a Real Name for himself. Yet he isn't consistent enough for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing if we can get the Kelvin Harmon we saw his rookie year or even better now that he's healthy. They both should be taking advantage of those extra reps without Samuels participating. 

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Well to be fair he has submarined himself with a bad timing injury, but it seems to me like he generally capitalizes on his opportunities only to be put back on the shelf in a backup role.

He makes some plays, I think the issue with Cam is consistency. He’s been on the team since 2018, he’s 26. People need to realize that Cam is a #4 or 5 WR in the NFL. It just is what it is.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

We play our first preseason game (of 3) in like 4 days and Samuel still can't fully practice regularly. 

They have literally said multiple times that they have no intention of practicing him fully at this time. Also, preseason means nothing to me. I would prefer ZERO starters play in games, that could possibly cause injury, that mean nothing. 

If he practices 25% of the time and plays every game, I'm pretty sure none of us will complain.

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

They have literally said multiple times that they have no intention of practicing him fully at this time.

I understand that, which is baffling considering they said a lot of other things in the past too including him being fully healthy on multiple occasions. 

Also, preseason means nothing to me. I would prefer ZERO starters play in games, that could possibly cause injury, that mean nothing. 

The preseason comment was just the timetable of where we are more than anything. 

If he practices 25% of the time and plays every game, I'm pretty sure none of us will complain.

The bolded is my concern.

You really have no problems with his ... schedule ... and what he's doing after last year?

57 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You really have no problems with his ... schedule ... and what he's doing after last year?

If I am looking at this as the WFT organization that gave him a lot of money to play in meaningful games and help me win those games, no. 

If I am the die-hard Redskins fan that I am, of course. 

The guy has not shown he can stay healthy. I understand their "plan" is to save him for when it counts, but I share almost the exact same thoughts that you do. He needs reps, he needs to be consistently on the field. However if he gets hurt in practice or a preseason game, and again misses multiple games/the season, then it was all for nothing. Might as well get some use out of him when it counts.