2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I ended up going, but got there too late to do pictures or anything. I actually spoke to Jason Wright briefly. Very nice, and he was taking time with all the fans that came up to him. Got to also say hey and get a fist bump from Santana!

• Like 1

Think of the significant changes to the roster now, with Robinson shot.

Let's take a best case scenario here & say BRob only has minor flesh wounds & will be out 4 weeks. 

He goes to the pup list.

Gibby is now inserted as starter. Gets his old job back.

However, Gibby was going to be the primary return man, with BRob starting.

So now...somebody else has to be the returner...

This shooting incident might actually be the difference in someone making the roster, who originally pre-shooting would not have.

So some WR, RB or CB is likely to make the team, who may not have originally.

The cause & affect on this will be significant, imo.

I hope BRob heals quickly & makes a full recovery.

I feel weird about this team. How flat they've looked in preseason and how bad the secondary and LB corp has looked this season feels like it could be a bad one. Like 4-5 win bad. The talent should say otherwise but it just feels like its going to be one of those years.

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I feel weird about this team. How flat they've looked in preseason and how bad the secondary and LB corp has looked this season feels like it could be a bad one. Like 4-5 win bad. The talent should say otherwise but it just feels like its going to be one of those years.

I agree with you, lavar. They've looked slow & flat.

I'm going to hold out hope for at least the first 2 games vs Jags & Lions. We should at worst split those games 1-1 & probably should go 2-0.

Let's see Wentz play a whole game.

Will healthy TE's playing make a huge difference? (IE Cole Turner, Bates, etc)

Will our WR playmakers get us TD's rather than the team settling for FG's?

Can our Defense get off the field on 3rd downs?

Theres many questions that need to be answered before throwing in the Commander Towel.

But I agree with you, that we have not looked like a team ready for a long season.

Hopefully, everything can be chalked up as pre season games meaning squat.

I've seen teams go winless in pre season, then go on to be SB champs.

Let's wait & see if Washington can take advantage of 2 early winnable games.

Cause people can say what they want, but the Jags & Lions are 2 of the worst teams in football.

If we want any chance of winning the Division or making playoffs? They have to take advantage of that.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 6:32 PM, 4209 said:

I don’t entirely agree with this take. We don’t know what Davis’s potential is, it makes no sense to say that he’s only going to be average at best at this point.

I will give him that Holcomb is average but I’d lean towards slightly above.

Kam Curl is above average, I’d say at worst & I would agree that McCain is just an average FS.

Again, we have young depth at S, so how can we say that Butler & Forrest are just average at best?

He really seems to be jumping to conclusions on our youth. I guess what I’m trying to say is that just because you don’t know what we have yet in Davis, Butler & Forrest as well as St. Juste doesn’t mean that it’s awful, it’s just not experienced & it’s unproven. Heck, I’d throw Milo Eifler in there as well as unproven. 

Yeah, he could be right that our S & LB play will be this defenses downfall & that our LBs are the worst in the league. At this point, all that is is an opinion. We’ll have to see what happens.

I mean I could sit here and say that Curl is going to play at a pro bowl level, McCain won’t blow as many coverages this year & will have 4 or even 5 ints again this year while Forrest replace Collins production as a 3rd S, Holcomb will once again have 140 plus tackles, 7 passes defensed, 2 ints, 2 or 3 forced fumbles & a sack or 2 while Jamin Davis is going to replace Landon Collins production as a LB with 115 tackles, 7 tackles for loss w/ 2 ints etc & I could be right too.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, lavar703 said:

I just feel they’re going to be in the range we’re used to seeing. 7 to 10 wins & only 10 wins bc we play 17 games now. I don’t feel we’re going to be awful, but I don’t think in anyway we’ll be a threat to go anywhere either.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t entirely agree with this take. We don’t know what Davis’s potential is, it makes no sense to say that he’s only going to be average at best at this point.

But how does it make sense to say he isn't? We all saw the lack of anything last year. 

I will give him that Holcomb is average but I’d lean towards slightly above.

Kam Curl is above average, I’d say at worst & I would agree that McCain is just an average FS.

Again, we have young depth at S, so how can we say that Butler & Forrest are just average at best?

It's a lot to put on a rookie and 2nd year guys shoulders. Especially two guys that were Day 3 picks. 

He really seems to be jumping to conclusions on our youth. I guess what I’m trying to say is that just because you don’t know what we have yet in Davis, Butler & Forrest as well as St. Juste doesn’t mean that it’s awful, it’s just not experienced & it’s unproven. Heck, I’d throw Milo Eifler in there as well as unproven. 

As you've joked about in other threads, this is concerning. We've got a lot riding on UNKNOWN. History shows that isn't always kind. 

Yeah, he could be right that our S & LB play will be this defenses downfall & that our LBs are the worst in the league. At this point, all that is is an opinion. We’ll have to see what happens.

We do. I still think it's more on the educated guess side of things. 

I mean I could sit here and say that Curl is going to play at a pro bowl level, McCain won’t blow as many coverages this year & will have 4 or even 5 ints again this year while Forrest replace Collins production as a 3rd S, Holcomb will once again have 140 plus tackles, 7 passes defensed, 2 ints, 2 or 3 forced fumbles & a sack or 2 while Jamin Davis is going to replace Landon Collins production as a LB with 115 tackles, 7 tackles for loss w/ 2 ints etc & I could be right too.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I think, to the bolded, that would be an ideal outcome that exceeds expectations for them. 

• Like 1