2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

I asked someone on Twitter who went to practice yesterday and he said that JSW has been running with the 1s at LDE opposite Sweat. So that answers that question. He was pretty solid last year when he had to replace Chase. Obviously he doesn’t have Chase’s upside/natural talent but, he’s a hard worker who does what the coaches want and if he ever had to be a starter for a season I suspect he’s a guy who could get you 5-8 sacks in a season and play great run D like a Phillip Daniels/Renaldo Wynn type.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Great throw by Wentz, he dropped it in the bucket & a great catch by Jahan too.

Not sure about the spelling but was that St Juste that Jahan beat. Either way it was an impressive pass and catch.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

from my understanding 0 wrong with him and even he said post practice he feels fast, more just  after last season the coaching staff is being super safe when it comes to Curtis.

• Like 1

My understanding is that nothing is wrong with Samuel. This is essentially the same as vets getting the day off when it's too hot or just rest days. 

I'm not concerned with him getting a day off in training camp. I care when it comes to game time and if he suits up or not. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

My God ! I was a Y E A R ago !!! slacker-this is getting REAL old !

Rivera is saying this is part of their plan to manage him/not over do it w/ him. He said on the Junkies this morning that last year he felt they pushed Curtis too much & it made the injury linger into the season.

Sadly, We have no way if he’s telling the truth until the regular season starts.

34 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

My understanding is that nothing is wrong with Samuel. This is essentially the same as vets getting the day off when it's too hot or just rest days. 

I'm not concerned with him getting a day off in training camp. I care when it comes to game time and if he suits up or not. 

Yes, I believe so as well & they're taking it slow w/ him as well & giving him more rest days. On the Junkies this morning Rivera said that Last year he felt they pushed Samuel too early to return & then his injury lingered into the season.

He said they’re taking it slow w/ him to make sure he’s ready for the season & he also pointed out that he’s emphasized to Chase Young that he doesn’t want him to overdo it as he rehabs & comes back from his ACL injury. He told Chase that we want you here for 10, 12, 14 years no matter how long it’s going to be that the team wants him around and available for that long, so he wants to make sure he’s really ready to go whenever that may be but there’s no pressure on him to return at any certain time. There’s no deadline set.

Edited by turtle28

Rivera said that if they don’t like what they see from the young LBs this week after reviewing the practice film that they will sign a LB as soon as next week.

JP Finlay said on the Washington Football Talk Podcast that there have been times when they have 3 LBs on the field together and Khaleke Hudson is the 3rd LB. I’ve heard good things about how Hudson is plying too. I guess we’ll see how this goes.