More Physical WR: T.O, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, DK Metkalf

mdonnelly21

Out of these WRs who was the most physical?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these WRs who was/is the most physical

• T.O
    • Brandon Marshall
    • Anquan Boldin
    • DK Metkalf

Julio Jones should be put on that list, also where is Hines Ward?  With his ability to block he is as physical as any of the guys you listed if not more so.  If one is talking pure toughness hard to not say Anquan Boldin is the top out of the guys you listed in terms of breaking tackles.  The others are just big dudes that workout a ton.  

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Julio Jones should be put on that list, also where is Hines Ward?  With his ability to block he is as physical as any of the guys you listed if not more so. 

It’s just a player comp. Not an all-time list.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s just a player comp. Not an all-time list.

I doubt it but sure maybe, still you have dudes drafted in 1996, 2019, 2003 and 2006, quite a range for just some player comp.  

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

Most physically aggressive? Q, for sure. An absolute dog. HM Hines Ward

Most physically gifted? DK Metcalf. A Greek god. HM Julio Jones. (Though first place is Calvin)

Best physical game? TO. 

DK might have a rude awakening this year without Russell Wilson throwing him the ball.  And I agree Hines Ward should be included in any physical WR conversation.

Still crazy DK was a late 2nd round pick after running a 4.33 40 at 6-3 228, at the time fastest ever recorded for a player 225 or heavier, 27 reps at 225 and 40.5" vertical.  Sure he was hurt at Ole Miss but was well worth a 1st round pick physically.  

31 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Q for me, but admittedly I was just slightly too young to watch/analyze TO in his prime to evaluate the two. Q and Steve Smith are the most physical WR's I've seen that kept it clean. If you want to include cheap shots, Hines Ward takes the cake there.

Given that age I'm guessing you are about 29? 

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I doubt it but sure maybe, still you have dudes drafted in 1996, 2019, 2003 and 2006, quite a range for just some player comp.  

DK might have a rude awakening this year without Russell Wilson throwing him the ball.  And I agree Hines Ward should be included in any physical WR conversation.

Still crazy DK was a late 2nd round pick after running a 4.33 40 at 6-3 228, at the time fastest ever recorded for a player 225 or heavier, 27 reps at 225 and 40.5" vertical.  Sure he was hurt at Ole Miss but was well worth a 1st round pick physically.  

Lmaooooo thats hysterical!! 

14 hours ago, Duluther said:

Most physically aggressive? Q, for sure. An absolute dog. HM Hines Ward

Most physically gifted? DK Metcalf. A Greek god. HM Julio Jones. (Though first place is Calvin)

Best physical game? TO. 

This is the way. 

You talking blocking, pushing off, hard to tackle?

TO was probably the most difficult to tackle WR that I can remember.  

Michael Irvin, Keshawn Johnson, and Randy Moss were great at the push off.

I always hear about Hines Ward blocking, I know I saw a lot of blind hits, don't recall him blocking straight up all that often, though to be fair, I don't get a lot of Steelers games regionally.  Currently, Allen Lazard is very good at blocking, for a WR.  Chiefs fans will find out that MVS is pretty good downfield as well.  

Then you also have to look at a guy like Cordarrelle Patterson.  He has found some success as a RB, which is typically more "physical" than WR.  

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

30, yeah

Oh man, TO was a treat!  He would run all over a team for like 150 and 2 TDs.  Then a couple weeks later take a crap in the middle of the locker room because the running game was dominant and he didn't get a bunch of passes.   Kind of imagine Antonio Brown in DK's body.

• Like 3