Game Developers that Should be Supported and not...

Spartacus

7 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Genuine question. Are people actually upset over the Skyrim stuff? I just always thought it was mostly all low hanging meme fruit.

Some people are, absolutely. I'm not, for what it's worth. But yeah, it legit upsets a decent amount of people. Mostly out of a misconception that any hours spent on old games are hours that would instead be spent on ES6 or FO5.

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Blizzard I should have over Bethesda. I don't agree with Nintendo however. They have great games but I don't like two things with their business practices:

1. They are extremely unfriendly when it comes to discussing their games. Scream copyright infringement when anyone that isn't supposed to talks about games even if what they are discussing is public knowledge. 

2. They intentionally create artificial scarcity with their products or at the very least are incompetent regarding the US market. 

I can kind of see that. I do take issue with their policies towards certain types of journalism or streaming. But in the end, that doesn't effect the value I get from buying their games, so it doesn't bother me personally, even if I'm not fond of the policy.

For #2, it's absolutely incompetence. The only advantage to creating artificial scarcity is if you're then going to up the price. Nintendo has pretty reasonable prices (at least for the stuff that's scarce) they just either underestimate the market, have poor production processes, or both. The NES Classic was a clear example of them just underestimating the market. They could have sold as many as they did for much more than they did, or they could've sold 2 or 3 times as many at that same price. That was just incompetence.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Some people are, absolutely. I'm not, for what it's worth. But yeah, it legit upsets a decent amount of people. Mostly out of a misconception that any hours spent on old games are hours that would instead be spent on ES6 or FO5.

Yeah that's my thinking. Which is silly.

I dont know that I necessarily completely trust any developer....because I always wait until I hear how good specific games are before I actually buy them.

I dont want to get into another EA rant, but no one should ever trust or support them.     They are scum.    They lean on popular franchise names to sell their mediocre efforts. 

In all honestly, whats the last truly great game EA developed?  Whats the last game that wasnt laughably bare bones without the microtransactions and useless DLC?        

Companies like Bethsda, Naughty Dog, Rockstar, etc arent perfect, but they are least show they care about their games.   EA recycles their games constantly (especially their sport titles) and then loads them up with money sucking features that required barely any effort and dont add much to the actual game....but they feast on gullible people year after year after year.

And yes, EA is ruining Bioware too.....no shock there.      

Firaxis and Paradox. 

I know Paradox got a little flack for the 3rd Rome DLC Price point, but I certainly ok shoveling money to a developer to support niche games I spend 100s of hours on over 5-6 years.

Firaxis seems like a company that still runs like its owned and staffed by fans of games. 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:36 PM, Jakuvious said:

They've come out and said that the technology doesn't yet exist for what they wanna do. So they're working on other things. I don't get the hate either.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

They've come out and said that the technology doesn't yet exist for what they wanna do. So they're working on other things. I don't get the hate either.

I really hope that's the truth. If they innovate for the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout it could be a game changer.

10 hours ago, animaltested said:

Firaxis and Paradox. 

I know Paradox got a little flack for the 3rd Rome DLC Price point, but I certainly ok shoveling money to a developer to support niche games I spend 100s of hours on over 5-6 years.

Firaxis seems like a company that still runs like its owned and staffed by fans of games. 

I love niche game developers. Paradox is awesome. I think I've sunk more time into Mount and Blade Warband than any game ever. If only Bannerlord would release. I like Firaxis but most of their stuff isn't my cup of tea.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I love niche game developers. Paradox is awesome. I think I've sunk more time into Mount and Blade Warband than any game ever. If only Bannerlord would release. I like Firaxis but most of their stuff isn't my cup of tea.

Is that being delayed

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm worried it has to do with VR. I don't wanna play an ES game in virtual reality.

I hope it has to do more with AI improvements.

Oh yeah that makes some sense as a theory. I remember for a while the big conspiracy theory is they wanted the GoT license but couldn't work out terms haha

5 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Oh yeah that makes some sense as a theory. I remember for a while the big conspiracy theory is they wanted the GoT license but couldn't work out terms haha

GOT made by bethesda? yes please.... Didn't they turn down GOT to make Skyrim though? 

27 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

GOT made by bethesda? yes please.... Didn't they turn down GOT to make Skyrim though? 

No idea. That's just what I saw floated on Reddit ages back. There was some whole story about why they have to wait to get the license or some damn thing.

Archived