It's been six months. Was the 2021 the best round of playoff football you've seen?

TecmoSuperJoe

This past season once the divisional round was over, everyone seemed to immediately label it as the best weekend in not only divisional round history, but maybe ever. Now personally I kind of rolled my eyes at a lot of the hype, and just chalked it up to people living in the moment. Like with many things people sometimes crown GOAT status due to wanting to let the universe know they were forever part of something exciting. But trying to at least think back off the top of my head, in just the divisional round itself, I do struggle to come up with another round where all the game came down to the wire. The only one that pops up in my head was 2003. We had the double OT between the Rams/Panthers, the shootout between the Chiefs/Colts, the frigid cold battle between the Patriots/Titans, and the 4th and forever play between the Eagles/Packers. All of those games ended in one score, and came down to the final couple of minutes to seal the deal, if not seconds. Personally I thought that weekend of ball was just as exciting as the 2021 divisional edition.

Are there any others that pop into your heads that live up to the hype of what we had 6 months ago?

19 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Yes but also most painful lol. 

As a Bills fan its hard not to think what if. Allen was on a Flacco 2012 playoff run and didn't look like he could be stopped. Would've gotten to play the Bengals in Buffalo then gone on to the super bowl and who knows. 

At least your team played well in that playoff game.  Can't say the same for us...

• Like 1

It's up there. All 4 divisional games were classics, both Conf. Championship games were really good and it was an above average Super Bowl.

Was it the best postseason ever? That's tough to say. Just in my liftetime:

2007 had some great games between Chargers/Colts, Giants/Cowboys, Giants/Packers and of course the legendary Giants/Patriots upset.

2011 was a pretty amazing postseason between Broncos/Steelers, Saints/49ers, both Conf. Championship games and a great Super Bowl to boot.

2012 was a really great postseason between Broncos/Ravens, Seahawks/Falcons, 49ers/Falcons and the Super Bowl was almost the original 28-3 before the Ravens held off the 9ers at the last second.

2014 also had some bangers. Lions/Cowboys, Packers/Cowboys, Ravens/Patriots, Seahawks/Packers and one of the greatest SB's of all time in Seahawks/Patriots.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Yes, because the Bengals run was completely unexpected.

Also, the Bucs vs Rams game was almost one of the GOAT playoff finishes I’ve seen. We were ALL thinking the same thing on this play:

And then the man didn't let us down!

• Like 1

Pats getting absolutely stomped aside, the 09 playoffs were some of my favorite ever. The Packers-Cardinals shootout, Minnesota domination, NO domination, the ensuing Minnesota-NO freaking WAR, the Jets nail biter, then watching Rex fall in AFCCG, followed by the thriller in the SB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Yes, because the Bengals run was completely unexpected.

I don't think anyone expected the Panthers to make the Super Bowl in 2003, let alone the playoffs either though. Another unexpected run. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

It's up there. All 4 divisional games were classics, both Conf. Championship games were really good and it was an above average Super Bowl.

Was it the best postseason ever? That's tough to say. Just in my liftetime:

2007 had some great games between Chargers/Colts, Giants/Cowboys, Giants/Packers and of course the legendary Giants/Patriots upset.

2011 was a pretty amazing postseason between Broncos/Steelers, Saints/49ers, both Conf. Championship games and a great Super Bowl to boot.

2012 was a really great postseason between Broncos/Ravens, Seahawks/Falcons, 49ers/Falcons and the Super Bowl was almost the original 28-3 before the Ravens held off the 9ers at the last second.

2014 also had some bangers. Lions/Cowboys, Packers/Cowboys, Ravens/Patriots, Seahawks/Packers and one of the greatest SB's of all time in Seahawks/Patriots.

I was just asking for best playoff round, not the entire tournament. :)