Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

No surprises but Trubisky starting Saturday, followed by Mason and then KP.

Also said starters will play the full first quarter. I hope guys like TJ, Cam, Najee, Minkah etc will be held out but I wouldn’t be surprised if Tomlin plays them all.

I bet the stars don’t get much more than a series of any at all.

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Eh.  It was nice but he made so many backyard football plays with his legs against second teamers.  People know he could do that.

I agree. Still stings a little to watch though, guy his oozing with potential. Hopefully Kenny can show something tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Desmond Ridder looked pretty damn good tonight too. I really hope Pickett shows something tomorrow.

Not that you cant take anything away from these games, but alot of mediocre and even bad QBs have balled out in preseason.

Not saying they are going to be bad, but it really doesnt really mean anything in regards to their future success.   It just means they look semi decent against 2nd and 3rd string, vanilla defenses.   Coaches are just trying to see how well these rookies understand the offense.  Doubt they put much stock into how they stack up against career backups, other rookies and training camp fodder.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Not that you cant take anything away from these games, but alot of mediocre and even bad QBs have balled out in preseason.

Not saying they are going to be bad, but it really doesnt really mean anything in regards to their future success.   It just means they look semi decent against 2nd and 3rd string, vanilla defenses.   Coaches are just trying to see how well these rookies understand the offense.  Doubt they put much stock into how they stack up against career backups, other rookies and training camp fodder.

I’m 100% with you, I’m not drawing any big conclusions from week 1 of preseason. I didn’t watch the full Falcons game for Ridder but Willis also made a few egregious mistakes (missed Treylon Burks for a wide open TD) and even got benched. I just want Pickett to go out there and give us something to be excited about, even if it’s against future car salesman. 

Does anyone remember how Ben played in his first preseason? I genuinely don’t remember.