49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I feel like they've got the numbers for a deal in place, which prompted his return to the bay, and they are just working out all of the language at this point. 

I wouldnt go that far. 

I know that when I was in college and I knew classes started on a certain date, I would always go back to the house I was renting a week or so early to get acclimated/do whatever chores/purchases/errands I had to prior to that date. It was nice to get settled in and have some time to ramp up, rather than jumping straight into the fire. 

Deebo is going to live in the Bay through February, but it's going to be non-stop football starting very soon, so if there are things that need doing, this is a good opportunity to do them prior to his work life taking over. 

I do think that it is positive, and I do think he gets a deal over the next 2 weeks, but assuming it's already been agreed to is a bit of a bridge too far for me.

I will say that Paraag's MO has been that he does not come to the negotiating table in earnest until there is a real deadline. That time is rapidly approaching. Deebo may just know that the niners are finally being more reasonable rather than actually having something agreed to.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

I wouldnt go that far. 

I know that when I was in college and I knew classes started on a certain date, I would always go back to the house I was renting a week or so early to get acclimated/do whatever chores/purchases/errands I had to prior to that date. It was nice to get settled in and have some time to ramp up, rather than jumping straight into the fire. 

Deebo is going to live in the Bay through February, but it's going to be non-stop football starting very soon, so if there are things that need doing, this is a good opportunity to do them prior to his work life taking over. 

I do think that it is positive, and I do think he gets a deal over the next 2 weeks, but assuming it's already been agreed to is a bit of a bridge too far for me.

I will say that Paraag's MO has been that he does not come to the negotiating table in earnest until there is a real deadline. That time is rapidly approaching. Deebo may just know that the niners are finally being more reasonable rather than actually having something agreed to.

Yeah, I have nothing to back it up, just the feeling I'm getting personally. Him coming back and now the video saying he's about to get paid certainly makes me think things are close. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Just saw this is well……..we didn’t need this distraction with camp opening up.

Well the good news is that he won’t be on the field until he can pass a physical, so if he’s just hanging around, while not ideal, he won’t be taking reps from Trey and there shouldn’t be a real ‘QB competition’ as he can’t be out there. 

I imagine our best chance at moving him will be if another teams starter drops in TC, so we’re just going to have to wait this one out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Well the good news is that he won’t be on the field until he can pass a physical, so if he’s just hanging around, while not ideal, he won’t be taking reps from Trey and there shouldn’t be a real ‘QB competition’ as he can’t be out there. 

I imagine our best chance at moving him will be if another teams starter drops in TC, so we’re just going to have to wait this one out.

Just another month of people telling me Jimmy will be starting 😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sorry, but it takes a month in a half after starting to throw to be cleared??? Unreal.

Yeah, that makes no sense to me either. I guess "throwing" is part of his rehab, but if he is "cleared to throw", then what is the hold up? Is he not ready to get hit or something? 

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

Yeah, I have nothing to back it up, just the feeling I'm getting personally. Him coming back and now the video saying he's about to get paid certainly makes me think things are close. 

I am with you on the confidence in getting a deal done, I was just saying that it's too much of a logical leap to assume they've got the numbers sorted out just because Deebo is in the Bay Area right now. 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Kyle will make him come just to mess with media and fans 

The Niners appear hell bent to not come across as if they lost the Jimmy trade. Hence, the unwillingness to just cut ties and move on. I don't get that because with Jimmy you went to a Super Bowl and another NFC Title game and the Franchise became relevant again. IMO, they won on that. I say this to emphasize that I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if they have Jimmy come in and just be around. Once cleared he can throw in camp and in the 49ers minds "showcase" himself, despite years of film showing what he is. All in an effort to try to drum up some interest so that they can move him for whatever they think is the right price. This saga has never been normal and I don't see why at this point we should expect anything different. I think that Kyle has been ready to move on since last season. I believe it has been his plan to have Trey sit and learn and John is the guy that doesn't want to move on from Jimmy. John strikes me as a loyalist who will dance with the one that brought him to the dance. Complete conjecture on my part, but if the organization was simply all on the same page they would have moved on already.

15 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

The Niners appear hell bent to not come across as if they lost the Jimmy trade. Hence, the unwillingness to just cut ties and move on. I don't get that because with Jimmy you went to a Super Bowl and another NFC Title game and the Franchise became relevant again. IMO, they won on that. I say this to emphasize that I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if they have Jimmy come in and just be around. Once cleared he can throw in camp and in the 49ers minds "showcase" himself, despite years of film showing what he is. All in an effort to try to drum up some interest so that they can move him for whatever they think is the right price. This saga has never been normal and I don't see why at this point we should expect anything different. I think that Kyle has been ready to move on since last season. I believe it has been his plan to have Trey sit and learn and John is the guy that doesn't want to move on from Jimmy. John strikes me as a loyalist who will dance with the one that brought him to the dance. Complete conjecture on my part, but if the organization was simply all on the same page they would have moved on already.

I agree with some of what you're saying, specifically with John Lynch, but the fact is that no one is going to trade for him if he can't pass a physical and if we cut him before he can pass a physical, we are on the hook for 7+ million. Jimmy needs to get healthy and pass a physical before anything happens.