49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

If Jimmy stays on the roster next year, I petition @Forgeto be sent to the pit of misery 

I don't care if he's on the roster making 9-10M. It's whatever. He'd be an amazing back up. 

If they keep him on the roster at his current cap hit and it's one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

1) Its cute they think Don hasnt talked to other teams

2) its sad that they didnt do this 3 months ago

3) Perhaps this is a precursor to keeping him on the roster? I have repeatedly stated Jimmy needs to be realistic with his market after the colts traded for Matt Ryan. There is not a lot of money out there for him. He needs to come to the realization that 25m isnt happening, and that he needs to accept less money for next year. The niners wont eat money for him to play for another team, and another team isnt paying him 25m. Hard stop.

So, with that being said, Jimmy will talk to other teams, realize there isnt a market for him, and then accept a backup role here for backup money with playing time incentives. He doesnt need to move, stays in sunny CA for the winter, and can hit FA next year. It does make sense, even though I hate it

I hate it so much lol but I guess this is a thing

If Jimmy stays on the roster next year, I petition @Forgeto be sent to the pit of misery 

It makes sense for the team to do this, especially at this point considering they wont use the cap money or the pick this season. It doesn't make sense for Lynch's perception around the league though. The locker room piece is unique. It's not about Jimmy being a good teammate, he is still a competitor. It's not about him pushing Trey. It's about providing Trey the best environment possible to succeed, one where he doesn't have someone looming over his shoulder or who hasn't been to a SB with the guys in the locker room. JG gives you a chance to win if Trey goes down, but this entire offseason has been treated like a re-load. The team has made it abundantly clear that they were using year 1 of Trey as a litmus test to see if their draft picks from the previous year or two will pan out. If this team was in run it back mode like last year I don't think we see the Oline look the way it does. SO I get the sentiment from Dieter, but a lot is wrong with the idea.

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think so they can participate in TC

That makes no sense still. Injured Reserve from one season does not transfer to the next. A team can put someone in the offseason on IR or PUP list but anyone finishing on the IR from 2021 does not need to be activated in the offseason. What if a player is on the IR at the end of 2021 and signs with another team in 2022?

I'm sorry, but this is the first time I have ever heard anything like this and it makes no sense lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

How is it that Jimmy throws "for weeks" and we don't hear about it?

How is it that the team has let them negotiate with other teams "for months" and we don't hear about it?