49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

They are going to be amazed with how little Lance will need to do to allow the 49ers to win. Lol 

This is my thinking, but at the same time I'm not inclined to brag about that 😂

2 hours ago, Forge said:

LOL just as we were talking about it in the other thread

That Escalated Quickly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Idk who 9er Matt is, but I would be kind of surprised if Poe didn’t make it. I’m fairly certain he’d get scooped up if allowed to hit waivers.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is my thinking, but at the same time I'm not inclined to brag about that 😂

Robert Quinn vs our RT is going to be a problem.. and running QBs always kill us....

But we still win by 20 😎

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

Robert Quinn vs our RT is going to be a problem.. and running QBs always kill us....

But we still win by 20 😎

Running QB but also a deer in the headlight QB as Bosa decleat's him. Kid takes too many hits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

Idk who 9er Matt is, but I would be kind of surprised if Poe didn’t make it. I’m fairly certain he’d get scooped up if allowed to hit waivers.

So I just went to see where it was coming from... Cohn. Went to see if anyone else reported it but couldn't find anything. Weird no one else tweeted or said anything about Banks and Poe. I'm thinking it's not true. 

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So I just went to see where it was coming from... Cohn. Went to see if anyone else reported it but couldn't find anything. Weird no one else tweeted or said anything about Banks and Poe. I'm thinking it's not true. 

I still think Poe has shown enough, at least what I’ve seen/read, to prove that he’s better than our other reserve guards to this point. I think he makes it.

54 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I still think Poe has shown enough, at least what I’ve seen/read, to prove that he’s better than our other reserve guards to this point. I think he makes it.

His main competition has to be Moore, right? Not a high bar to clear it seems like

8 hours ago, Forge said:

His main competition has to be Moore, right? Not a high bar to clear it seems like

I could see Moore on the PS. I left him on my 53 roster prediction because he does have some guard/tackle versatility.

It’ll be interesting to see where we load up on players on our 53 this year; I’ve seen people wanting to keep 5 RBs (not including Juice) and some wanting to keep 6 receivers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I could see Moore on the PS. I left him on my 53 roster prediction because he does have some guard/tackle versatility.

It’ll be interesting to see where we load up on players on our 53 this year; I’ve seen people wanting to keep 5 RBs (not including Juice) and some wanting to keep 6 receivers.

I went with the extra linemen. For one, McGlinchey's injury situation is distressing. For two, I just want to have possible viable bodies on the roster if/when one of our dice rolls up front comes up snake eyes and we need to pivot just to try to find a player that doesn't stink out loud. I like some of the players at other positions more, but I felt that I needed to make sure that I had the offensive linemen. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, adamq said:

But we still win by 20 😎

I was just thinking about this yesterday. If I'm the Bears, knowing I don't have many options to do much of anything, here's what I'd do against the 49ers:

• Put Mooney in the slot as much as possible, especially early in the 1st Q. Get him on Womack and see what Mooney can do against him.
  • Put Quinn on the RT almost exclusively and force Lance to flush left and play with half a field. I'd do a lot of creative stuff against the right side of our O-Line to get penetration. 
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I went with the extra linemen. For one, McGlinchey's injury situation is distressing. For two, I just want to have possible viable bodies on the roster if/when one of our dice rolls up front comes up snake eyes and we need to pivot just to try to find a player that doesn't stink out loud. I like some of the players at other positions more, but I felt that I needed to make sure that I had the offensive linemen. 

This is probably the right call. Keep 9 oline. If dontae makes the roster, he can play safety or corner, so it slows you to play with one of those spots if you want