49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

If it comes down to it and we think he's going to sign there anyway, we should trade him that way and try to get something back from them. They should have plenty of ammo after the Wilson trade.

Whether or not they think he'll sign somewhere else if released may be what would allow us to pry a pick away from Seattle. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GW21 said:

If it comes down to it and we think he's going to sign there anyway, we should trade him that way and try to get something back from them. They should have plenty of ammo after the Wilson trade.

Whether or not they think he'll sign somewhere else if released may be what would allow us to pry a pick away from Seattle. 

I dont see why Seattle would trade for hi at this point. There isnt a trade market for him with Watson only missing 11 games. Just wait until he gets released, sign him, let him learn the playbook for a moth and then send him out there. He already showed the aptitude to do so with the Niners when he came over here to begin with.

If we wanted to keep Jimmy G until just before week 1, could probably release someone like JaMychal Hasty, Malik Turner or Dontae Johnson with an understanding that once we release/trade Jimmy, we'll re-sign them back. They are all low risks to be claimed

Personally i don't like this strategy, but if we're keeping him all offseason & TC, might as well do it all the way

Jimmy G would then be in line to make his first start on Week 2 with the Seahawks against...you guessed it, the Niners. And watch them somehow pull off the upset 

15 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

If we wanted to keep Jimmy G until just before week 1, could probably release someone like JaMychal Hasty, Malik Turner or Dontae Johnson with an understanding that once we release/trade Jimmy, we'll re-sign them back. They are all low risks to be claimed

Personally i don't like this strategy, but if we're keeping him all offseason & TC, might as well do it all the way

Jimmy G would then be in line to make his first start on Week 2 with the Seahawks against...you guessed it, the Niners. And watch them somehow pull off the upset 

Yes, technically they can hold him until right before week 1 if they wanted to. I wouldn't even be surprised if they did it. 

I don't love it that particular action though. Keep him until final cut down day, that's fine. I'm good with that. Protects the 49ers from an injury on Lance, Gives the team an opportunity to see if anyone else in the league goes down. But once cut down day hits, just let him go. End the drama. 

God, I could just see the takes getting thrown about if they held him past cut down day for that purpose and people didn't get it. My understanding is that Jimmy doesn't even have a playbook 

If they keep him past final cut down day, that's a level of pissed off and petty that to me suggests that 49ers brass was pretty pissed off at him for something. 

36 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I dont see why Seattle would trade for hi at this point. There isnt a trade market for him with Watson only missing 11 games. Just wait until he gets released, sign him, let him learn the playbook for a moth and then send him out there. He already showed the aptitude to do so with the Niners when he came over here to begin with.

I guess that’s my point. Jimmy’s agent had permission to seek a trade which means he’s probably in contact with these GMs.

Our only saving grace would be if Jimmy’s rep told Seattle he was going to sign somewhere else if released or something of that nature. 

We’ll probably end up having to just cut him, but we’ll see.