49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe a practice squad possibility if we prefer him to hokit?

Hokit got signed to the Cards I believe.

Edited by GW21
Hokit not Hoot. Thanks auto-correct!

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I have been hoping someone pushes dwelley off the roster for a few years. He's a complete liability as a blocker

Keene could be that guy

Dwelley has shown to be competent in the passing game, which is the only reason he's still around. I'd rather have Dwelley on the field in a 2 TE set on passing plays than Woerner. That's not to say Woerner couldn't do it, it's just that we haven't seen it enough to say he's heads and shoulders better at receiving than Dwelley. 

Keene has the ability to be a better version of Dwelley with more versatility. He's thinner but he's also faster. I think the 49ers could cook up some fun things with Keene at TE or out of the backfield. Definitely worth a PS spot. 

ESPN's top 100 player list has the following Niners on it: 

15 - Nick Bosa

16 - Trent Williams

25 - Fred Warner

28 - Deebo Samuel

38 - George Kittle

Unlike the NFL players top 100, they do not have Juice nor Ward. Truthfully, Juice shouldn't be on the top 100 list anyways. Surprised Armstead didn't make this list though. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huh? Eagles have THAT good of safety depth? I'm sorry, but Tartt is at the very least good enough to be almost every team's #3 safety. Unless this was for a cap reason?

He had a bad camp. Don't think teams think he's very good.