Madden 23: Washington Commanders Player Ratings (WR's,TE's, ER's, RB's, S, & Cornerbacks/Defensive Tackles are Up!))

Exactly 1 more week till Madden 23, baby!!

16th@midnight.

I'll be using Titans & Commanders in Franchise mode.

Probably won't do a whole bunch with the Titans at the start. Maybe trim some fat.

Commanders on the other hand?

1st move=Trade for 99+ rated LT Trent Williams. Shouldn't be to expensive to trade for because of his age, even though he's only 1 of 4 with a 99 rating. (My buddy is a Raiders fan & he has Devante Adams who also is a 99 rating) gotta Match him.

Rumor is, they've finally added 5 total trade slots, instead of the historical 3 they always have. So I'm hoping to get Trent, without trading away my 1st Rd pick. We'll see...

Once I get Trent, I'm moving Leno to Right Tackle. Cosmi will be my backup Tackle for both tackle positions. The line will be legit, once I make this move.

2nd move= Trade 73 ovr Carson Wentz. I'll just trade him for whatever I can get. I'll be shocked if I get a 3rd round pick in return. Most likely be a 4th.

This will also free up 25+M in cap space, with no cap hit. (Allowing me to re-sign Payne that next following season who will be expensive but worth it. He'll be an 89 ovr when the game is released next Tuesday. (Chase Young will be an 88)

But he's worth it. He's a stud. By the time I sign him that next following season, he'll probably progress into the 90's.

If (67 ovr) Sam Howell still has a Developmental trait, he will be my starter. This trait means he can become a star, superstar or X-factor) He had one in the draft class for Madden 22.

He also has a 94 in throwing power. Tied for 8th best among all QB's in Madden I read.

3rd move= Trim the fat! Some guys suck so bad on Washington's roster, you couldn't even minipulate a 7th rounder from some desperate cpu team. So you have to cut them, or should I say....it's a good idea to cut them.

Players like Cheeseman listed at TE. He's a 33 rated player. We've got another at 49. Can't remember name, but he sucks. Anyways, you go through and just cut these guys & take whatever minimal cap hit you take if necessary. Should be small.

Final move before starting pre season=

I'll go into Free Agency & see who's down there. Just to fill holes & have some quality backups on my roster.

Players like QB Garropolo will be down there. If we hadn't drafted Howell, I probably sign him.  Not sure what his rating is, but it's probably way better than Wentz.

These players also, only sign 1 yr deals. So you get them for 1 yr. (Unless that's also changed)

But Heinike sucks so bad in Madden. 66 rating and 84 arm strength I believe, that I may just cut him. He's never going to progress cause he's too old & his arm is so bad.

So, I will have to sign some QB, with only Howell on the team most likely. We'll have to see who's down there that has at LEAST, a 90+ in arm strength. 

But LBers will be where I purge FA.

Besides Holcomb & Jamin Davis? We're very weak there.

Need at least 1 starter just for the 4-3 base. May have to trade for one. (Even though I run a lot of nickel)

So hopefully, there's a good LBer down there.

Other than that....I'll probably be ready to roll.

Can't wait!

If I'm not posting a lot on these forums during pre season game days...?

You'll know why... 😁

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Early release on Origin today. 

I'm ready to turn this franchise around. 

Yep, getting ready to go to my buddy's today.

It's finished downloading on his PS5. He's got gamepass.

But we can't play till like 10pm tonight. I'm pumped. I'm ready to play.

Ok...1st impressions of Madden 23'.

Game is awesome! If you don't have it, get it!

The "new" targeting passing implemented this year is very difficult. So difficult, my buddy & I had to drop the settings to All-Pro. We always play on All-Madden.

If you play Franchise mode? Trade Wentz & Gibson right away.

In Madden 22', Gibson was a beast. Played way better than even his ovr rating. You kept him forever good.

My 1st carry with Gibson in 23'…?

I ran a sweep to the right side for 15 yards, did a spin move &.......got hit & fumbled. I was so pissed.

His carry is only an 80. They nerfed the hell out of Gibson. Can't fumble & be on my team.

D-line?

It's the best I've ever seen. Not my words...

My buddy couldn't hardly drop back & throw a pass. Chase Young & J. Allen are unlockable.

Chase Young is a Superstar trait & J. ALLEN Is an X-factor. Sweat is so fast at an 80 ovr, but with a 91 in speed, he can't be blocked hardly, either. Payne is a monster in the middle with an 89 ovr.

Easily, the best D-line in Madden.

McLaurin is a stud as an ex-factor as well. He's better in Madden 23 for sure.

But the QB situation is bad. I was hoping they would have given Sam Howell a developmental trait, like he had in Madden 22' draft class.

But he does not, although he has a 93 in throwing power.

Going back Friday to play more.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ok...1st impressions of Madden 23'.

Game is awesome! If you don't have it, get it!

The "new" targeting passing implemented this year is very difficult. So difficult, my buddy & I had to drop the settings to All-Pro. We always play on All-Madden.

If you play Franchise mode? Trade Wentz & Gibson right away.

In Madden 22', Gibson was a beast. Played way better than even his ovr rating. You kept him forever good.

My 1st carry with Gibson in 23'…?

I ran a sweep to the right side for 15 yards, did a spin move &.......got hit & fumbled. I was so pissed.

His carry is only an 80. They nerfed the hell out of Gibson. Can't fumble & be on my team.

D-line?

It's the best I've ever seen. Not my words...

My buddy couldn't hardly drop back & throw a pass. Chase Young & J. Allen are unlockable.

Chase Young is a Superstar trait & J. ALLEN Is an X-factor. Sweat is so fast at an 80 ovr, but with a 91 in speed, he can't be blocked hardly, either. Payne is a monster in the middle with an 89 ovr.

Easily, the best D-line in Madden.

McLaurin is a stud as an ex-factor as well. He's better in Madden 23 for sure.

But the QB situation is bad. I was hoping they would have given Sam Howell a developmental trait, like he had in Madden 22' draft class.

But he does not, although he has a 93 in throwing power.

Going back Friday to play more.

I started a franchise as well. My first move was actually to capitalize on Daron Payne having a high over and trade value. I was able to trade him to the Broncos for Justin Simmons straight up. I stuck with Mathis as my other starting DT. Ended up picking up a developmental DT as well.

Rolling with Carson Wentz. Dotson has solid hands and fluid route running. The offense is actually pretty fun playing with. My other trade I made was giving up a 3rd and 6th for Patrick Queen to solidify our LB core. 

They really havent changed much about the game too. 

After I finish this season I'll do a sim franchise for the team and hopefully give full breakdowns. 

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I started a franchise as well. My first move was actually to capitalize on Daron Payne having a high over and trade value. I was able to trade him to the Broncos for Justin Simmons straight up. I stuck with Mathis as my other starting DT. Ended up picking up a developmental DT as well.

Rolling with Carson Wentz. Dotson has solid hands and fluid route running. The offense is actually pretty fun playing with. My other trade I made was giving up a 3rd and 6th for Patrick Queen to solidify our LB core. 

After I finish this season I'll do a sim franchise for the team and hopefully give full breakdowns. 

Did you do the manual trade like usual?

Or did you try the new trade function?

You can go to View roster (click on Payne to trade) or to the player you want to get and click (trade for)

Hit triangle....(it shows that at the bottom of the screen)

And they'll be a bunch of trade offers from the computer. It's very, very cool.

It's faster as well....

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Lol .....

Like, I wanted to trade for Trent Williams (99 ovr)

Clicked trade for....

The 49ers wanted Terry McLaurin &  Chase Young for him.

Lol

I was like... **** that....lol

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Did you do the manual trade like usual?

Or did you try the new trade function?

You can go to View roster (click on Payne to trade) or to the player you want to get and click (trade for)

Hit triangle....(it shows that at the bottom of the screen)

And they'll be a bunch of trade offers from the computer. It's very, very cool.

It's faster as well....

I used manual trade. I'll have to check out the new trade feature. I imagine your best value still comes from manual trades. 

I was surprised that Denver let Simmons go, considering he just signed a new contract there and he already got paid his signing bonus money. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I used manual trade. I'll have to check out the new trade feature. I imagine your best value still comes from manual trades. 

I was surprised that Denver let Simmons go, considering he just signed a new contract there and he already got paid his signing bonus money. 

Yea, you can probably still manipulate the computer better the old usual way.

But if you're wanting to trade a player like TE Bates (he's slow) & don't want to spend all day looking to see who will give you decent value back?

Click that triangle like I showed you...and you'll get offers from teams & what they'll give you in return. It can be a mix of draft picks &/or players. It's Pretty cool.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yea, you can probably still manipulate the computer better the old usual way.

But if you're wanting to trade a player like TE Bates (he's slow) & don't want to spend all day looking to see who will give you decent value back?

Click that triangle like I showed you...and you'll get offers from teams & what they'll give you in return. It can be a mix of draft picks &/or players. It's Pretty cool.

That's definitely better than adding a player to the trade block and waiting for offers to come in. 

• Like 1

I noticed some issues with Madden 23, that kinda irked me a little. Hopefully, they will have an update & fix soon.

Wentz should have no cap hit on his contract. It's like 22M or something like that.

Meaning you can't trade or cut him, without taking a huge cap hit. 

McLaurin should not become a free agent after yr 1. He signed his contract well early enough for them to get that right. 

Thankfully, this can be addressed in Madden anyways by going to edit player & giving him the 3- yr 71M extension.

As well as eliminating Wentz cap hit. But they should have easily addressed this.

Btw, Kyler Murray has an 80+M cap hit. That's crazy...

My buddy was using Arizona & wanted to trade him & pick up Stafford & was like wtf...lol

I can trade that...80M...wtf...lol

But I have no idea if that's accurate or not on Murray's contract. Probably is...lol

• 2 weeks later...