PC Gamers and Tech

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah, Im not really sure what to do. I bought the original MX mouse online then after it arrived I realized that the 2nd version allows the 'flow' software to work. So I bought the s2 mouse. Now I cant get the Flow software to work between computers since my work PC is so locked down by firewalls/virus protection. So now I have 2 mice here that were fairly expensive and neither one does what I was looking for lol

I will say, the G 915 TKL keyboard I bought is amazing. So there is that. Its mechanical to give you that clicky sound when you type/game, but it doesnt use tall key caps with a long press like I am used to. Going back to a keyboard with short Brown switches and smaller key caps--I am typing so fast on this thing now.

Well hopefully you can return them lol

I have the G Pro TKL.  I love that thing.  I had the huntsman elite before that.  While a great keyboard I prefer the smaller form factor.  

I’m also planning on splurging on the Alienware OLED.  My gigabyte m34wq is in rma and when I get it back I think I’m going to sell it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 3:02 AM, RavensfanRD said:

This looks nice. What's under the hood? We want them specs!

From a quick zoom in the gpu has one 8 pin and rtx so I’d say a 2060 or 2060 super.  Maybe a 2070?   Can’t tell the platform (Asus mobo?) but looks atx in a phanteks case?

Edited by Squanchy

20 hours ago, Squanchy said:

From a quick zoom in the gpu has one 8 pin and rtx so I’d say a 2060 or 2060 super.  Maybe a 2070?   Can’t tell the platform (Asus mobo?) but looks atx in a phanteks case?

You got a pretty solid eye. All of those are plausible. Board definitely looks like an Asus Prime or that white B550 Strix.

On 8/30/2022 at 2:02 AM, RavensfanRD said:

This looks nice. What's under the hood? We want them specs!

On 8/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, Squanchy said:

EVGA RTX 3060ti
Ryzen 5 3600
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black cooler
Asrock B450M Steel Legend
32 GB g.skill tridentZ memory
Cooler Master MB311L Case

All pretty modest. 32 GB ram is kind of overkill for my purpose but at the time I I upgraded from 16, the same 16 GB 2x8 kit I already had was on sale and I was doing a lot work in VMs at the moment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

EVGA RTX 3060ti
Ryzen 5 3600

All pretty modest. 32 GB ram is kind of overkill for my purpose but at the time I I upgraded from 16, the same 16 GB 2x8 kit I already had was on sale and I was doing a lot work in VMs at the moment.

Wow I missed on everything lol. 

For some reason I thought the 30 series cards all had at least 2 8 pin. 

15 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

EVGA RTX 3060ti
Ryzen 5 3600

Still a great build and will serve you well for years to come.

15 hours ago, Squanchy said:

Wow I missed on everything lol. 

For some reason I thought the 30 series cards all had at least 2 8 pin. 

Don't feel too bad. the Only thing I got right was the cooler, lol.

I'll try to take a picture of my build tomorrow. The way it's angled, kinda hard to get some nice moneyshots.

XPrN0mY.jpg

QsXNoIn.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Cooler: Be Quiet Pure Rock 2

GPU: AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black

RAM: Corsair Dominators 32GB 3200MHZ

Mobo: MSI B550 Gaming Plus

I'm thinking in October I'm going to switch out my glass desk so I can get proper Monitor mounts with more flexibility. Love my build. Was a dream build for me.

11 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

XPrN0mY.jpg

QsXNoIn.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Cooler: Be Quiet Pure Rock 2

GPU: AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black

RAM: Corsair Dominators 32GB 3200MHZ

Mobo: MSI B550 Gaming Plus

I'm thinking in October I'm going to switch out my glass desk so I can get proper Monitor mounts with more flexibility. Love my build. Was a dream build for me.

Very clean build.  Looks great with great specs.  Only thing I’d change is the rgb.  I’m a blue guy not red/orange.  Lol

What case?  Also looks like a phanteks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Squanchy said:

Very clean build.  Looks great with great specs.  Only thing I’d change is the rgb.  I’m a blue guy not red/orange.  Lol

What case?  Also looks like a phanteks

Thanks, appreciate you. The case is a Be Quiet Silent Base 802. I got it on release when I built this PC in '20. And I change RGB and Wallpapers like we change clothes, everyday, lol. I rarely keep the same colors and themes more than a week or two and then it's onto something else. Blue is also my favorite color. Can't wait to see you post your setup. I know that Alienware OLED is going to be a fun, fun time. I'm jealous, lol