PC Gamers and Tech

pic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic1.jpg

I finally found a hosting site that the links actually worked.  Thank god that's over.

For the monitors on the left is the LG 27GN950 and on the right in the 34 inch Alienware QDOLED.  You can tell right away OLED craps on Nano IPS.

CPU - 5600x

GPU - EVGA 3080 FTW3

MOBO - ASUS ROG STRIX B550 - F

RAM - 32GB at 3200

AIO - NZXT Z63

CASE - NZXT H510 FLOW

KEYBOARD - Steelseries APEX PRO with their custom prism keycaps.

MOUSE - Logitech G Pro Wireless

SPEAKERS  - Logitech G560

HEADSET - Logitech G935

YETI Mic 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Squanchy said:

pic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic1.jpg

I finally found a hosting site that the links actually worked.  Thank god that's over.

For the monitors on the left is the LG 27GN950 and on the right in the 34 inch Alienware QDOLED.  You can tell right away OLED craps on Nano IPS.

CPU - 5600x

GPU - EVGA 3080 FTW3

RAM - 32GB at 3200

AIO - NZXT Z63

CASE - NZXT H510 FLOW

HEADSET - Logitech G935

YETI Mic 

Nice case!  I have the H510 Elite, I'll try to post my setup tomorrow but is NZXT making white AIOs a new thing?  Your build is super similar to mine

Edited by flyers0909

5 hours ago, Squanchy said:

pic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic1.jpg

CPU - 5600x

GPU - EVGA 3080 FTW3

RAM - 32GB at 3200

AIO - NZXT Z63

CASE - NZXT H510 FLOW

HEADSET - Logitech G935

YETI Mic 

That's a real beautiful setup you got there, homie. You're gonna have a fun time with that for a very long time. I'm not a fan of tenkeyless keyboards, but that steelseries looks real clean. Salute

6 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

That's a real beautiful setup you got there, homie. You're gonna have a fun time with that for a very long time. I'm not a fan of tenkeyless keyboards, but that steelseries looks real clean. Salute

Thanks.  Funny thing is I’ve always been partial towards the TKL.  I like the look and the extra desk space.  

The keyboard is fast for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Realistically $2000-$2800, would be at it to be able to do at least 4k60 when I put it over to the tv. But 2k120 is fine for playing mostly on monitor.

With that budget with the prices a lot of components are at now I think you can achieve that quite easily.   With the 7000 series coming out if you don’t mind last ten a 5800x3d or even a 5600x will definitely be cheaper and may drop in price still. 

3080 ti will be easier to get unless you wanted to splurge for 4000 series.  I’m waiting on amd to see what they have to compete this year.  A 6950xt would be a good choice as well.  

• Like 1

Don't know if its just me, but I'm seeing the 5800X3D sold out online. Its weird because even after the 7000 series announcements, it was still hanging out and now just a ghost town with stock. I think AMD saw how great of a chip it was and was like nah, we gotta get folks on the 7000 CPUs and stopped the restocking. Glad I got one when I did in August. I am excited to see how RDNA3 will stack up to Nvidia's 4000 series, for sure.

• 1 month later...

Have a question about monitors and refresh rate. I have 2 of these monitors in the link below. Both of them advertise 170Hz refresh rate. However, when I go into System>Display>Advanced Display on my computer and click 'choose refresh rate'— the only 3 options I have are 50hz, 59.94Hz and 60Hz.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get the 170Hz that the monitor is capable of?

https://www.microcenter.com/product/626571/acer-nitro-xv272u-27-2k-wqhd-(2560-x-1440)-170hz-gaming-monitor

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Have a question about monitors and refresh rate. I have 2 of these monitors in the link below. Both of them advertise 170Hz refresh rate. However, when I go into System>Display>Advanced Display on my computer and click 'choose refresh rate'— the only 3 options I have are 50hz, 59.94Hz and 60Hz.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get the 170Hz that the monitor is capable of?

https://www.microcenter.com/product/626571/acer-nitro-xv272u-27-2k-wqhd-(2560-x-1440)-170hz-gaming-monitor

I don't know that exact monitor so I'm unsure.  I'd start by checking if there's any settings in the monitors OSD to change or see if VRR is on/off.   Try both ways.  Try different HDMI or DP cables.  They may not be suitable.  Also, make sure you have updated drivers all around.  It could be something like you have HDR or 10-12 bit color turned on and maybe that monitor/gpu only can handle 8 bit color at high refresh rates.  There's a few options it could be.  I can't be certain. 

• Like 1