How on Earth did Ja'Mar Chase only get an 87 in Madden!!?

mdonnelly21

How on Earth did Ja'Mar Chase only get an 87 in Madden!!?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Ja'Mar Chase Rating in Madden Should Be?

• 97 or above
    • 89 or below

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Because people still buy it, and the NFL owns a monopoly and they know it. Same with WWE. Capitalism at it's finest. 

Yeah....as much as I hate EA....people dont blame the NFL as much as they should.    Beyond supporting the mediocre product, they put certain handcuffs on EA in regards to what they are and arent allowed to do in the game  (limited types of injuries, no character issue suspensions, and the NFL is the reason there hasnt been a real "create a team" in the game for a decade).

The NFL is every bit as responsible for Madden as EA is.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don’t play video games anymore, but when I did, I didn’t really care for Madden or any other sports games.

Except like, Wii Sports.

All sports games have significantly declined since the early mid 2000s due to things like exclusive licenses, online play and microtransactions.    These have allowed companies to annually release these games at full price with barely any changes, because they have a set player base that throws all kind of money at them regardless of the quality of these games.

EA, the NFL and Madden began this trend, and now sports gaming is a joke.   Shame, because I used to buy at least 5 sports games every year (pro and college football, basketball, baseball and usually another one like boxing, FIFA, Blitz, etc....)

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

I still play Madden 06 on my PS2. Still better than this stuff they release on a yearly basis.

Is EA ever going to lose their exclusive rights to the NFL? I feel a lot of issues would be resolved (quickly at that) if 2K released their own NFL game.

I’ve been playing Pro Strategy Football 2022 lately… the user base keeps rosters up to date to make up for the lack of  NFL license.

it’s only a simulation, you can’t control individual players, but it’s been fun. 

Madden 08 is my go to, it’s killer on PC. You can make custom plays but actually draw the custom route you want your players to run, plus mods so you can play pretty much any era with accurate rosters 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I’ve been playing Pro Strategy Football 2022 lately… the user base keeps rosters up to date to make up for the lack of  NFL license.

it’s only a simulation, you can’t control individual players, but it’s been fun. 

Madden 08 is my go to, it’s killer on PC. You can make custom plays but actually draw the custom route you want your players to run, plus mods so you can play pretty much any era with accurate rosters 

I bought a PS2 just so I could replay NFL 2K5, Madden 06, Madden 07, and Madden 08. The golden era of football video games. 

15 hours ago, 43M said:

Yeah....as much as I hate EA....people dont blame the NFL as much as they should.    Beyond supporting the mediocre product, they put certain handcuffs on EA in regards to what they are and arent allowed to do in the game  (limited types of injuries, no character issue suspensions, and the NFL is the reason there hasnt been a real "create a team" in the game for a decade).

The NFL is every bit as responsible for Madden as EA is.

Jesus. I figured it was bad but I didn't think it was THAT bad. It doesn't surprise me though. You know they have to protect their brand image and pretend the NFL is one big happy family in the middle of a utopian world.