How on Earth did Ja'Mar Chase only get an 87 in Madden!!?

mdonnelly21

How on Earth did Ja'Mar Chase only get an 87 in Madden!!?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Ja'Mar Chase Rating in Madden Should Be?

• 97 or above
    • 89 or below

The de-evolution of madden will go down as one if the bigger tragedies of our lifetime. As a die-hard football fans there is such a want for an actual good football game. Madden and the NFL have left a hole in me since I stopped buying after Madden 15.

Remember ESPN NFL 2k5? Arguably the best football game ever, and it came out 17 years ago.

Madden ratings are and have long (forever?) been garbage to be honest. Even the back go back MVP has somehow not managed to be rated the best at his own position I neither of those years. There is absolutely zero rhyme nor reason to them, nor any point paying attention to or getting wound up by them. 

Edited by Billy86

On 7/21/2022 at 1:28 PM, 43M said:

All sports games have significantly declined since the early mid 2000s due to things like exclusive licenses, online play and microtransactions.    These have allowed companies to annually release these games at full price with barely any changes, because they have a set player base that throws all kind of money at them regardless of the quality of these games.

EA, the NFL and Madden began this trend, and now sports gaming is a joke.   Shame, because I used to buy at least 5 sports games every year (pro and college football, basketball, baseball and usually another one like boxing, FIFA, Blitz, etc....)

I got into the sport through Madden 2002 with Faulk on the cover, as it was very niche in this side of the pond back then. I was an acid fan until around 2007 or so, fell off and the last one I bought was 2010 with Larry Fitzgerald and Troy Polamalu on the cover. 

I lost interest in games for the guys of a decade, but picked up a gaming PC in 2016 for the craic. About 3 years later Madden made a return to PC so I figured I'd give it a shot, figuring around a decade off of ig would mean a fair few new interesting features and gameplay. 

Turns out, it was actually worse than what it was back in 2009. The gameplay was almost identical but somehow more cumbersome, tonnes of customisation had been taken away, zero effort was put into player ratings beyond big names with seemingly everyone just lumped into the same 10ish point rating range, and the franchise mode that I liked msot about it in the 00's had been stripped back to the point of not even being worth bothering with. All of this stunk of being very intentional in order to get people to buy player cards for that ultimate team garbage. I played it on and off for a week and was done with it. 

The Madden franchise is the perfect poster child for what an enforced lack of competition in the market can do.

It's not going to happen, but would be cool if a small developer got a deal with the CFL, XFL, ISFL or similar league (maybe even a combo of all three) and marketed itself as an game for the sport rather than any league, and then went to really push what could be done in terms of gameplay, features, etc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billy86 said:

I got into the sport through Madden 2002 with Faulk on the cover, as it was very niche in this side of the pond back then. I was an acid fan until around 2007 or so, fell off and the last one I bought was 2010 with Larry Fitzgerald and Troy Polamalu on the cover. 

I lost interest in games for the guys of a decade, but picked up a gaming PC in 2016 for the craic. About 3 years later Madden made a return to PC so I figured I'd give it a shot, figuring around a decade off of ig would mean a fair few new interesting features and gameplay. 

Turns out, it was actually worse than what it was back in 2009. The gameplay was almost identical but somehow more cumbersome, tonnes of customisation had been taken away, zero effort was put into player ratings beyond big names with seemingly everyone just lumped into the same 10ish point rating range, and the franchise mode that I liked msot about it in the 00's had been stripped back to the point of not even being worth bothering with. All of this stunk of being very intentional in order to get people to buy player cards for that ultimate team garbage. I played it on and off for a week and was done with it. 

The Madden franchise is the perfect poster child for what an enforced lack of competition in the market can do.

It's not going to happen, but would be cool if a small developer got a deal with the CFL, XFL, ISFL or similar league (maybe even a combo of all three) and marketed itself as an game for the sport rather than any league, and then went to really push what could be done in terms of gameplay, features, etc. 

Hell, Id be happy with a game like Blitz the League if they had an in depth franchise mode.   Even All Pro 2K8 was a really decent game...but unfortunately didnt have much to it outside of great gameplay. 

• Like 1

It’s something that should be addressed probably but it’s based on longevity. It’s still a big jump up, but it’s his sophomore season. They never skyrocket players that quickly after their rookie year. Of all the bad madden ratings this is one of the tamer ones for me. I figure it’s to stir the pot, because everyone has talked about them. What probably annoys me most is that the ratings head is a Cowboys homer so Dak and Zeke are both rated wayyyy too high. Zeke has gone like 4.1 ypc and 62 ypg for the last few years on average but is treated like an upper echelon talent still.