Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Viking said:

That isn't a dominant defense, that is an opportunistic defense that is dependent on big plays. That type of defense isn't sustainable (2016 Vikings)

If a defense scores 21 points, gives up 24, has 15 passes defensed, and seals the game with a pick 6, I consider that a dominant performance.

1 minute ago, BossierWhoDat said:

He's assuming that the Saints' defense is 

You really don't have to watch them to know that's untrue, the stats tell most of the story anyway.

I was replying to the argument that scoring 3 defensive touchdowns while giving up 24 points against the lions made them dominant

58 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so now theyre not dominant, what exactly have you been arguing exactly?

I’ve just been shooting down your terrible supporting arguments, not your overall claim that the Saints don’t have a dominant defense. 

Like if I say Brady is the goat, most people will agree.

But if I say Brady is the goat because he turned Moss into a weapon people are going to crap on me even if they agree with my main point.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

If a defense scores 21 points, gives up 24, has 15 passes defensed, and seals the game with a pick 6, I consider that a dominant performance.

I don't I consider dominant holding the opposing offense to minimal yardage and points so you don't need a pick 6 to seal it.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I was replying to the argument that scoring 3 defensive touchdowns while giving up 24 points against the lions made them dominant

I never said that makes them dominant. Nobody would be foolish enough to say one game makes a team dominant.

that specific performance was a dominating performance though.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

I’ve just been shooting down your terrible supporting arguments, not your overall claim that the Saints don’t have a dominant defense. 

Like if I say Brady is the goat, most people will agree.

But if I say Brady is the goat because he turned Moss into a weapon people are going to crap on me even if they agree with my main point.

cool. so you agree with me that the saints arent dominant on d. Now, would anyone like to have some kind of wager that vaccaros productivity signifacantly drops when he starts facing good offenses?

Just now, Buffalo Viking said:

I don't I consider dominant holding the opposing offense to minimal yardage and points so you don't need a pick 6 to seal it.

Do you even know what the score was?  Saints offense threw a pick 6, and special teams gave up a TD.  Saints defense got a late pick 6 after their own pick 6 to seal it.  

21 points scored.  24 given up. Assuming the offense and special teams doesn't gift wrap points, they only need two field goals to win the game.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so now points dont count cause the defense got lazy? sorry, they still do. 

Yeah 24 points counted. Just like the Saints scoring 21 points count as well...Along with the most passes defenced in a single game in a very long time or ever can't remember if they set the record or not that game. So yeah...They were dominant 

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

I never said that makes them dominant. Nobody would be foolish enough to say one game makes a team dominant.

that specific performance was a dominating performance though.

I disagree with that statement. It was a performance that capitalized when it good that chance which is obviously good, I'm not trying to argue that they don't have a good defense, but to me a dominating performance doesn't let the other team score 24 points.

Archived