Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Do you even know what the score was?  Saints offense threw a pick 6, and special teams gave up a TD.  Saints defense got a late pick 6 after their own pick 6 to seal it.  

21 points scored.  24 given up. Assuming the offense and special teams doesn't gift wrap points, they only need two field goals to win the game.

Ding ding we have a winner!

1 minute ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I disagree with that statement. It was a performance that capitalized when it good that chance which is obviously good, I'm not trying to argue that they don't have a good defense, but to me a dominating performance doesn't let the other team score 24 points.

You're right, unless they score 21 of their own.  

I disagree with that statement. It was a performance that capitalized when it good that chance which is obviously good, I'm not trying to argue that they don't have a good defense, but to me a dominating performance doesn't let the other team score 24 points.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. When your defense nearly matches the other teams offensive score, that’s good enough for me to say they dominated

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Do you even know what the score was?  Saints offense threw a pick 6, and special teams gave up a TD.  Saints defense got a late pick 6 after their own pick 6 to seal it.  

21 points scored.  24 given up. Assuming the offense and special teams doesn't gift wrap points, they only need two field goals to win the game.

They still gave up 24 points, to a mediocre Lions offense. I'm just stating that in order to be considered dominate you need to stop the opposing team from scoring

Just now, Buffalo Viking said:

They still gave up 24 points, to a mediocre Lions offense. I'm just stating that in order to be considered dominate you need to stop the opposing team from scoring

Dude, takeaways are a legitimate defensive statistic.  When the defense scores a TD, it is the best play they could have made.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

oh... ok. seems like youre avoiding mentioning bad offenses.

You quoted me earlier in this thread when I said they’ve been NASTY against bad offenses.

You directly quoted and replied to that comment.

Again, caught in a blatant falsehood

Just now, Buffalo Viking said:

I think the Saints are a very good team, and different from the beginning of the year. If the Vikings meet them in the playoffs it'll be a really good game. I just can't call their defense dominant at this point.

I don't think we're dominant either.  I'm only referring to this one game.  We've been dominant in other games, but against the Eagles or the Rams, no I don't think we'd be dominant.  We're not 2015 Broncos.

I think the Saints are a very good team, and different from the beginning of the year. If the Vikings meet them in the playoffs it'll be a really good game. I just can't call their defense dominant at this point.

I hope they’re both healthy enough that neither side can say they were handicapped

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Dude, takeaways are a legitimate defensive statistic.  When the defense scores a TD, it is the best play they could have made.

actually theyre generally considered as pretty flukey. they dont translate year to year to year or even game to game. so relying on takeovers is a serious problem for a team, unless youre the prime ravens or someone like that.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

This. The best play a defense can make and they did it 3 times in one game. How many times has a defense scored 3 TDs in a game in the last 20 years?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

actually theyre generally considered as pretty flukey. they dont translate year to year to year or even game to game. so relying on takeovers is a serious problem for a team, unless youre the prime ravens or someone like that.

Or the 2009 Saints?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

You mean unless, you're the 09 Saints?  Flukey or not, they are a legitimate defensive play.  Teams actively try to take the ball the away.  

Archived