Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

39 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah...My point was that an Eagles fan was saying the Saints defense can't be called dominant because they haven't played any great offenses but the Eagles aren't battle tested either.

The whole "you havent played whoever" is a dumb argument in the NFL no matter the team or circumstances. You dont have control who you play or how good they are. Everybody is a professional. Good thing about the nfl is you get a shot to prove it. 

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It is settled

9-1 > 8-2 

The answer is no. We can have this debate if the Eagles lose and the Saints or Vikings or Patriots or anyone else keep winning. 

18-0 > 13-6

At least until the end of the game when it became 18-1 and 14-6 with the 14-6 being the Super Bowl champs...

22 minutes ago, Raves said:

18-0 > 13-6

At least until the end of the game when it became 18-1 and 14-6 with the 14-6 being the Super Bowl champs...

Right. They won then they were the best team up until then they were not. Saints have a worse record and havent beat the Eagles so its still not them. 

How is thread at page 30? I doubt there is anyone outside a few Saints fans who would call the Saints the best team in football, not now or when this thread was posted the other week. What would be their argument over the Eagles? After this week, I don't see how they evven have an argument over the Vikings or Pats.

28 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

How is thread at page 30? I doubt there is anyone outside a few Saints fans who would call the Saints the best team in football, not now or when this thread was posted the other week. What would be their argument over the Eagles? After this week, I don't see how they evven have an argument over the Vikings or Pats.

Arguing made this thread 30 pages. 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It is settled

9-1 > 8-2 

The answer is no. We can have this debate if the Eagles lose and the Saints or Vikings or Patriots or anyone else keep winning. 

We’ve been over this before, this argument is bad.

I don’t think the Saints are the best team in the NFL, but stating another teams record  does nothing because we’re not trying to determine which team has the best record, we’re trying to determine which team plays football the best. 

Why do teams even bother to show up if their opponent has a better record? Obviously the opponent is the better team so why bother? 

There is no best team in the NFL right now. Arguments can be made for each of the following "including" the Saints. So yes they are Among the best but No to holding it alone!!

Eagles, Patriots, Saints, Steelers,Vikings.

All 5 can in their own ways make claims to that Title. Now in the coming Month worth of games, those 5 will dwindle down to two IMO! Which two, remains to be seen?

8 hours ago, Raves said:

18-0 > 13-6

I get your point, but regardless of the outcome of SB42 the Patriots were obviously the better team talent-wise. Head-to-head match ups don't mean much in those terms. The 2010 Patriots only lost 2 games all year, and one of them was getting blown out by the 5-11 Browns.

On topic - the Eagles have been the best team so far. The closest contenders - Patriots and Saints - have both displayed a glaring weakness that the Eagles, as yet, have not.

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

We’ve been over this before, this argument is bad.

I don’t think the Saints are the best team in the NFL, but stating another teams record  does nothing because we’re not trying to determine which team has the best record, we’re trying to determine which team plays football the best. 

Why do teams even bother to show up if their opponent has a better record? Obviously the opponent is the better team so why bother? 

No its literally the only arguement. Thats why they keep score. Thats why teams have records so we can have a concrete way to detetmine who is better. We dont let them arbitrarily run around for 3 hours then decide who we feel like won. The team with the best record is the best team period until someone beats them in the playoffs then they are not. Its not complicated. My 5 year old could figure that out. 

If the Eagles lose this week and the Saints win, then this is a debate Until then it is as simple as looking at the record. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

No its literally the only arguement. Thats why they keep score. Thats why teams have records so we can have a concrete way to detetmine who is better. We dont let them arbitrarily run around for 3 hours then decide who we feel like won. The team with the best record is the best team period until someone beats them in the playoffs then they are not. Its not complicated. My 5 year old could figure that out. 

If the Eagles lose this week and the Saints win, then this is a debate Until then it is as simple as looking at the record. 

This isn't correct. As stated before the question isn't best record, it is best team. Right now there are multiple teams you could argue are the best in the NFL. 

Archived