Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

7 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I don't even think the majority of us Saints fans believe they're the best lol. I roll my eyes every time I see a new post in this thread. 

I mean, you can post in the thread even if you don't think the Saints are the best team. 

4 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Absolutely nothing. Win streak is a win streak. I think the only reason the Saints win streak may be getting more attention is because they started off 0-2 and then started winning. 

1947 Bears were the last team to do it, so yeah it's gonna generate a bit of discussion.

But when you look at the streaks for what they are (win for win, not looking at previous stuff) the Eagles is more impressive to me. You'd think a 2nd year QB would've found a way to bungle at least one of those games, but no. 

5 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I think the Eagles is more impressive given their younger QB and less experience head coach. FWIW 

You should have a job in sports media for this take, somehow those who get paid for their analyses can't bring that up.  

Just now, SWATcha said:

I think the only reason the Saints win streak may be getting more attention is because they started off 0-2 and then started winning. 

Ah yes, the dreaded 0-2 start for the Saints as opposed to grandiose 1-1 start for the Eagles.  

1 minute ago, 808 said:

Ah yes, the dreaded 0-2 start for the Saints as opposed to grandiose 1-1 start for the Eagles.  

I never said it made sense, just speculating on why their streak is getting more attention. 

Like my fellow Saints fan above, I'm more impressed with how Wentz has played this year. He looks to be the real deal, which puts Philly fans in for some fun years of football.

Just now, SWATcha said:

Whoever said you couldn't? 

Nobody. But you did say it made you roll your eyes every time you saw a new post which led me to believe you don't think anyone should be having the discussion because the Saints aren't the best team in football. 

1 minute ago, 808 said:

I mean.... it's just a historical thing. 0-2 to 8-2 hasn't been done in 70 years. That's gonna get brought up a lot when it happens. 

34 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Nobody. But you did say it made you roll your eyes every time you saw a new post which led me to believe you don't think anyone should be having the discussion because the Saints aren't the best team in football. 

Me rolling my eyes has nothing to do with whether or not the Saints should be in the discussion for best team in the league. A case can definitely be made for it.

It has to do with this thread being 30+ pages of mostly garbage posts and bickering with very little in the way of substance in regards to the topic at hand. Kind of like these 4 posts you and I just added.....

6 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:
16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There is no best team in the NFL right now. Arguments can be made for each of the following "including" the Saints. So yes they are Among the best but No to holding it alone!!

Eagles, Patriots, Saints, Steelers,Vikings.

All 5 can in their own ways make claims to that Title. Now in the coming Month worth of games, those 5 will dwindle down to two IMO! Which two, remains to be seen?

Stop being an objective Eagles fan...

That said, one of those teams is clearly not like the others. The Steelers cannot be argued in any facet as the "best" team.

Their record says otherwise. Unlike College Football "who" you lost to means nothing in the overall picture. So whether they've underachieved "statistically" as a offense from expectations leading up to the year or in a gm or two during the season, doesn't mean it can't occur moving forward. We've seen the Juggernaut they "can" be Offensively!!

Their remaining schedule Outside of the Patriots game can easy end up being 13-3 or 14-2. Thus Yes, even the Steelers have a valid albeit lesser argument that can be made as best team in the NFL. Especially in a month.

The Pats and the Vikings beat them. Those teams have the same record as the Saints. The Eagles have a better record than the Saints. So no the Saints aren’t the best team in the NFL. Also let’s see what happens Sunday when the Saints travel to LA to play the Rams. If the Rams win then they could be better than the Saints based on same record and head to head win. 

If this question was, are the Saints the hottest team in the NFL? I would say yes. But the best team, no because of every thing I just mentioned above.

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Pats and the Vikings beat them. Those teams have the same record as the Saints. The Eagles have a better record than the Saints. So no the Saints aren’t the best team in the NFL. Also let’s see what happens Sunday when the Saints travel to LA to play the Rams. If the Rams win then they could be better than the Saints based on same record and head to head win. 

If this question was, are the Saints the hottest team in the NFL? I would say yes. But the best team, no because of every thing I just mentioned above.

Is UCF better than Ohio State?  I'll just let that sit there.  Record doesn't always mean which team is better.  Also was LSU really better than Alabama a few years ago when they had the rematch in the National Championship game?  LSU had the better record and had beat them previously H2H...  Some arguments aren't the greatest to use.

I will say that I think there is a fair argument for the Saints to be the best team, but there is just as good of an argument for 4 other teams as well in the Vikings, Pats, Steelers, and Philly, and yes I would even toss the Rams in there.  I wouldn't toss the Panthers in there though because they have some really bad losses and have really looked lost at times, more recently than any of the previously mentioned teams so I really don't trust them in the long run, though I do feel they could beat any of the top teams as well, though just not with the consistency of those teams vs each other.

Archived