Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

13 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Do I really need to point out your best win this season was against the lions in which you gave up 38 points? The other two good teams you've played you've lost to them (I don't count week 3 Carolina as a good team since Newton was still rusty) 

I would disagree and say their best win was last week against the Bills. Playing on the road, against what has been a very good Bills defense this season, in colder weather. That has been the recipe for disaster for this current Saints regime in the past.

Unlike the Lions game, (where the Saints were up big, got complacent, let off the gas and almost paid for it), they played this one from start to finish. 

Does that mean I don't have to count the first two losses of the season since I think the whole Saints team was rusty? Nice logic there....:D Don't worry, we'll get to see another Panthers/Saints game this season. 

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

Do I really need to point out your best win this season was against the lions in which you gave up 38 points? The other two good teams you've played you've lost to them (I don't count week 3 Carolina as a good team since Newton was still rusty) 

Haha yeah keep making excuses to fit your narrative. In other words, if you just take away the Saints last 7 games they really haven't been good this season.

29 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The Vikings beat the Saints then, and they'd beat 'em again, so no.  It's definitely difficult to say who exactly is the best team, but arguably, the most balanced team in all of the NFL is Pittsburgh.  

Lol they might, but it's more likely they wouldn't win this time as the Saints are a much different team now

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'm not going to discredit Bradford, he made some great throws that game. But you can't argue the atrocious defense the Saints displayed. 

Bradford played well, but our defense was garbage that game.  Devante Harris got feasted on.   Also, our oline was in shambles at the time.

Saints tried to play the way they do now, from the first snap of the Vikings game.  It just didn't work because the defense was bad and the oline couldn't run block.  Sean Payton clearly entered this year with the mindset of getting it done on the ground and not making Brees throw his arm out of socket by week 2.

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I would disagree and say their best win was last week against the Bills. Playing on the road, against what has been a very good Bills defense this season, in colder weather. That has been the recipe for disaster for this current Saints regime in the past.

Unlike the Lions game, (where the Saints were up big, got complacent, let off the gas and almost paid for it), they played this one from start to finish. 

Does that mean I don't have to count the first two losses of the season since I think the whole Saints team was rusty? Nice logic there....:D Don't worry, we'll get to see another Panthers/Saints game this season. 

When Cam is 100% the panthers are an entirely different team, Newton wasn't healthy the first month of the season. As for the bills game, the bills aren't that good to begin with....Outside of Kelvin Benjamin and a banged up charles clay their weapons are garbage and their defense was overrated because they played bad teams it's impressive since the saints of old would've played them to like 23-20 but still it's not that impressive. I don't see a problem in losing to two good teams the first two weeks of the season, but still they lost to two good teams they played them well but not well enough win.

If the saints end up winning the division I'll eat my crow though.

Archived