Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

defensive tds  alone dont make a dominant outing for one.

You don’t think a defense scoring just 3 points less than the offense they’re facing is dominant? 

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you readily admit theyre average against good offenses and only "dominant" against bad ones. how would that qual im anyones head to them being dominant overall?

You’ll have to ask someone who claimed the Saints defense was dominant overall. I can’t answer for other people.

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Oh did you? I could have sworn you posted multiple times saying played "about half the game", "ok buddy. lattimore played what, half that game?" "again, lattimore played about half ( or a 1/4, apologies)"

He played 1 series in the 1st quarter, and 1 PLAY in the 2nd half. In a game that went into OT, I find 1/4 of a game hard to believe..

Please tell me which one's we didn't dominate then?

Some more info regarding Kenny Vacarro:

"Kenny Vaccaro, who has allowed just 18 catches from 29 targets this year, logged three interceptions, and is still yet to surrender a touchdown in coverage."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-11-preview-redskins-at-saints

"That has allowed Kenny Vaccaro—no stranger to position switches over his five seasons—to play 285 of his 455 snaps as at cornerback, with most of those coming in the slot. And Vaccaro is giving up a passer rating of just 40.7, which ranks third-lowest in the league among CBs, according to PFF."

https://deadspin.com/how-the-saints-defense-finally-got-its-act-together-1820215988

So yeah tell me more how you can't take me seriously because of interceptions/pass breakups there champ..

Out of the 2 of us I'm the only one digging deeper than silly responses lacking any substance, so please do better this time if you want to attempt a real discussion here. 

Head shot.

10 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

You don’t think a defense scoring just 3 points less than the offense they’re facing is dominant? 

You’ll have to ask someone who claimed the Saints defense was dominant overall. I can’t answer for other people.

so now theyre not dominant, what exactly have you been arguing exactly?

25 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so now theyre not dominant, what exactly have you been arguing exactly?

Saints were what I would consider dominant in that Lions game.  It was 45-10 at one point, and we started playing soft and getting complacent.  Saints defense scored 21 points that game, and(someone correct me if I'm wrong), I believe they had 15 passes defensed.  Cam Jordan sealed the victory with a pick 6.

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Saints were what I would consider dominant in that Lions game.  It was 45-10 at one point, and we started playing soft and getting complacent.  Saints defense scored 21 points that game, and(someone correct me if I'm wrong), I believe they had 15 passes defensed.  Cam Jordan sealed the victory with a pick 6.

That's correct however I can see how a person would be confused when making an argument after just looking at the box score lol

Just now, Buffalo Viking said:

That isn't a dominant defense, that is an opportunistic defense that is dependent on big plays. That type of defense isn't sustainable (2016 Vikings)

Lol what?  We won a superbowl with that kind of defense.  And they've been holding other teams to zero and 3 non garbage time points.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo Viking said:

That isn't a dominant defense, that is an opportunistic defense that is dependent on big plays. That type of defense isn't sustainable (2016 Vikings)

It was plenty sustainable in 2009. You remember, right?

Archived