Bears 53

dll2000

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I think Dieter should make it.   Limited views, but from what I have seen I think Chase Allen should get strong consideration for top 3 TE.  At very least practice squad.

Elijah Hicks has had a lot of praise from beat reporters.

I can't see Dieter beating out Mustipher...it would need to be someone with more experience in this blocking scheme IMO...Allen I would put on the PS no doubt but I think the more experienced TEs we have offer us more right now...also think Micah Dew-Treadway should be a lock for the PS as well (if not the roster as I had him as #54)...Hicks I reckon makes the roster for his special teams ability.

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I can't see Dieter beating out Mustipher...it would need to be someone with more experience in this blocking scheme IMO...Allen I would put on the PS no doubt but I think the more experienced TEs we have offer us more right now...also think Micah Dew-Treadway should be a lock for the PS as well (if not the roster as I had him as #54)...Hicks I reckon makes the roster for his special teams ability.

Mustipher is ahead of him (only because of bad snaps), but I think Dieter should be on 53.   You need center depth. 

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He stays I think until Patrick is healthy.

PS for sure, but I think whether he’s on the 53 will come down to whether they’re more comfortable with him at C or Schofield at LG in the event of a game day injury at center. My guess is they’d go with the vet in that scenario, but it’s just a guess. Having Eiselen be the game day backup C means 8 active OL on game day (with Reiff and Schofield also active non-starters), which would be abnormal. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Have to wonder if Virginia McCaskey is among the cuts tomorrow 

That’s cold lol.

Curious to see if Poles holds off on announcing our cuts until well after the deadline has passed and the moves were already official like Pace did. Always thought that was a **** move.

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

And So It Begins: Spora Ransomware Starts Spreading Worldwide

Assuming they put N’Keal Harry on IR (which they can’t do until Wednesday), someone is gonna get cut that they’re probably gonna want to sign back the next day. Who’s almost surely making the team to whom that can be done that doesn’t create dead money (however negligible) that won’t potentially sign elsewhere? My first thought was Schofield since he has no guarantees, but with OL attrition league wide always an issue I probably wouldn’t do that. Darrynton Evans maybe?

Not really a big issue either way I suppose, especially if we’re gonna be on potentially adding guys on waivers from other teams and churning the bottom few players either way, but it adds more intrigue to the process to me than the lists of guys being cut who we knew never really had a chance to make the team anyway. 

Anyone else utterly shocked we are at the point where we *almost* have too many seemingly decent options on the interior OL?…

Whitehair & Jenkins are locks at guard but for me Thomas was excellent at LG in his snaps and should be developed moving forward…Simmons inside has a lot of physical ability which could be developed…Carter was solid in his play and for me could be a future C who offers you depth across all 3 spots…Schofield who is suppose to be the vet presence probably looks the least talented but might make the team as a safe option…

It’s not elite by any means but this scheme his fit square pegs into square holes and now we are seeing the potential benefits of it.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else utterly shocked we are at the point where we *almost* have too many seemingly decent options on the interior OL?…

Whitehair & Jenkins are locks at guard but for me Thomas was excellent at LG in his snaps and should be developed moving forward…Simmons inside has a lot of physical ability which could be developed…Carter was solid in his play and for me could be a future C who offers you depth across all 3 spots…Schofield who is suppose to be the vet presence probably looks the least talented but might make the team as a safe option…

It’s not elite by any means but this scheme his fit square pegs into square holes and now we are seeing the potential benefits of it.

Crazy what can happen when you don’t stubbornly and perilously tie yourselves to preconceived notions of what you think should be, huh? And that’s not at all to say Simmons will ever amount to more than a depth guard because he very well might not, but by working with what is there instead of trying to force what’s not you’re far more likely to end up with something that’s at least useful. Adapt to your personnel and get guys in positions where they can be successful, from the top of the roster to the bottom. What a novel concept! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Crazy what can happen when you don’t stubbornly and perilously tie yourselves to preconceived notions of what you think should be, huh? And that’s not at all to say Simmons will ever amount to more than a depth guard because he very well might not, but by working with what is there instead of trying to force what’s not you’re far more likely to end up with something that’s at least useful. Adapt to your personnel and get guys in positions where they can be successful, from the top of the roster to the bottom. What a novel concept! 

Takes me back to something Poles said when he first got the job…”scout what guys can do rather than what they can’t”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm more shocked that some of you still take PFF serious.

One thing I've noticed with fans of PFF is that they will buy into their garbage whenever their grades match what they want to hear, but then shoot it down the minute it doesn't.

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

IMO That's part of the reason you saw Schofield with the 3s in the last preseason game...... He looked bad in the first game, and if the depth is anywhere close in overall talent, you might as well just keep the younger players who are potentially ascending, instead of the vet who is likely descending..

• Like 1