Bears 53

dll2000

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

For me Morrow has to move to WILL...I would then play Klein at MLB...

That said next season I see Jones & maybe Gipson being starters here and that is all.

Morrow at Will would make sense. 

Klien stepping in and starting would be a big ask, maybe we see Sanborn at Mack for a week.

On 11/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, WindyCity said:

I am not sure what we do about the defense moving forward. I know accepting that they will suck is probably the safest bet, but is there anything that can be done?

RE: Robinson

DT: Jones

NT: Watts

LE: Gipson

WLB: Sanborn

MLB: Morrow

SLB: Klien

That is a horrific front 7 on paper.

Jones is valid, but nothing special.  

Robinson is a project.  Sanborn could perhaps be something, but is out of position at Will.

Everyone else is a journeyman or depth at best.  

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Jones is valid, but nothing special.  

Robinson is a project.  Sanborn could perhaps be something, but is out of position at Will.

Everyone else is a journeyman or depth at best.  

At this juncture Gipson and Robinson should be rotational pass rushers. I’d be good with both getting more run than AQM the rest of 2022 because he’s JAG, but we need at least 1 EDGE next year, and ideally two. At DT Jones has been solid with some flashes. He’s an adequate starter, but not a game changer. I endorsed the idea of taking a half season flyer on Jerry Tillery after he was released yesterday. The rest of our DT group is replaceable, and likely will be this offseason. LB-wise I think we’re stuck with what we have until the offseason. If I recall correctly though I believe Morrow played WLB on Sunday with Sanborn at MLB. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

At this juncture Gipson and Robinson should be rotational pass rushers. I’d be good with both getting more run than AQM the rest of 2022 because he’s JAG, but we need at least 1 EDGE next year, and ideally two. At DT Jones has been solid with some flashes. He’s an adequate starter, but not a game changer. I endorsed the idea of taking a half season flyer on Jerry Tillery after he was released yesterday. The rest of our DT group is replaceable, and likely will be this offseason. LB-wise I think we’re stuck with what we have until the offseason. If I recall correctly though I believe Morrow played WLB on Sunday with Sanborn at MLB. 

I didn’t know that.  Then Sanborn is not out of position at Mike and that is correct decision.  

I am fine running with subpar front 7.  You aren’t competing for a title.  No need to chase a vet player for this season at this point. 

You are going to need to find a force multiplier or two on DL/edge next season though in draft and/or FA to have a good defense.

Jones should be our 3rd DT on a good defense.

He has a nice pass rush burst, but has been pretty weak against the run from what I have seen. Miami had no issues moving him way off the ball.

I think Gipson and Robinson compete to start across from an actual DE added in free agency or the draft.

Every other DLmen can be gone.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Jones should be our 3rd DT on a good defense.

He has a nice pass rush burst, but has been pretty weak against the run from what I have seen. Miami had no issues moving him way off the ball.

I think Gipson and Robinson compete to start across from an actual DE added in free agency or the draft.

Every other DLmen can be gone.

You need that monster heavy guy to clog run and eat blocks.   Too many teams think they don't need one, just pass rushers, until they don't have one.

I thought Tonga could help fill that role for Bears, but they cut him.   Vikings just played him in limited snaps and he played well I thought.