Bears 53

dll2000

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He was claimed almost instantly by Houston

Looks as though we didn’t make a claim anyway, and I guess that makes sense since the FO will want to see what we have in Ebner too. Eno was a (TOTALLY unbiased) draft crush of mine coming out of ASU though. As was Rashaad White. Again, no bias. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Looks as though we didn’t make a claim anyway, and I guess that makes sense since the FO will want to see what we have in Ebner too. Eno was a (TOTALLY unbiased) draft crush of mine coming out of ASU though. As was Rashaad White. Again, no bias. 🤷‍♂️

Clearly none.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I doubt Taco Charlton & Justin Layne make this team long-term but it is without a doubt a view into what our defence is going to look like next season...I expect us to get much better & longer all over the team...I think listening to both Poles & Flus they value size and understand that good big men beat good little men all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I doubt Taco Charlton & Justin Layne make this team long-term but it is without a doubt a view into what our defence is going to look like next season...I expect us to get much better & longer all over the team...I think listening to both Poles & Flus they value size and understand that good big men beat good little men all the time.

Layne is JAG, but is he a better corner than Jaylon Jones or Lamar Jackson or even Vildor when healthy? That’s a pretty low bar…

Taco… has an elite name. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Yep, when all things are equal size always win.

13 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Wasn't he supposed to be a decent developmental piece.

Yep, I really liked some of the college tape because of how mean he looked. Dude really liked to finish DL. That being said they have Carter on the active roster and had Thomas on the practice squad, so hopefully Carter looked better through TC, preseason and through practice. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He was poached.  Danger of leaving guys on practice squad. 

Yep, other GMs had scouted these guys too. 

I do wonder why we haven't made more moves from poaching other PS players. Like Danny Shelton is on the PS for KC. So is the C Austin Reiter. 

Clearly you're not getting the cream of the crop but if you need someone to raise a really low floor there are choices to look at for several positions imo. 

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I do wonder why we haven't made more moves from poaching other PS players. Like Danny Shelton is on the PS for KC. So is the C Austin Reiter. 

Clearly you're not getting the cream of the crop but if you need someone to raise a really low floor there are choices to look at for several positions imo. 

Part of me wonders how much goes on behind the scenes between front offices in trying to allow guys to stay with an organization in order to develop without changing teams and playbooks all the time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Because Poles is respectably tanking lol. It's pretty obvious to me what's happening this season and what the end goal is

If they raised the floor a bit then we might win a few of these 1 score games and have a much better record

Plus weren't we all complaining that the previous staff use to always start useless veterans in place of younger players who needed the reps in order to evaluate if they have a future on this team 

I might be in the minority here but this is one of the rare seasons where I am actually unbothered by the losses 

Continuing to dwell in mediocrity is never going to get us anywhere. Either be good, which the team cannot be right now because of talent deficiencies, or be bad enough so you can eventually be good

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 3

On 11/20/2022 at 8:33 AM, Sugashane said:

because those guys also have to want to sign here. for this season, especially as a seasoned vet who's made money in the league, i would much rather stick with KC and a chance to win a SB than get playing time on a terrible CHI team

7 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

because those guys also have to want to sign here. for this season, especially as a seasoned vet who's made money in the league, i would much rather stick with KC and a chance to win a SB than get playing time on a terrible CHI team

Even if they leave the team and win a Super Bowl they can get a ring. PS players have no guarantees so they're risking injury with nothing to protect them. 

Plus on a bad team when you're getting reps you can get front offices' notice and get a bigger deal. You're highly unlikely to get more than a minimum if you spent the entire last year on the PS.