It’s about that time: Training Camp Thread (Big Bo HOF game)

.Buzz

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Really though I just hope we're both *knocks on wood* injury free. I doubt either team starts anyone of significance. 

Who are some of the bigger camp battles for you boys?

I think seeing how the eventual starting OLine shakes out is probably something to watch.  Particularly the interior aside from big ticket Scherff i think.

We also seem to have approximately one hundred-and-fifty Linebackers of all shapes and sizes, so it'll be interesting to see who makes it.  Or more so...who ends up playing which roles in a big rotation probably.

I think the main thing isn't even really a "camp battle", so much as just curiosity to see how some of these guys look under an actually competent Coach this year. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I think seeing how the eventual starting OLine shakes out is probably something to watch.  Particularly the interior aside from big ticket Scherff i think.

We also seem to have approximately one hundred-and-fifty Linebackers of all shapes and sizes, so it'll be interesting to see who makes it.  Or more so...who ends up playing which roles in a big rotation probably.

I think the main thing isn't even really a "camp battle", so much as just curiosity to see how some of these guys look under an actually competent Coach this year. 

The only real battles is the wr pecking order and maybe Ettienne vs Robinson. 

Fortner seems to have gotten all the first team reps at C and Shatley looks to be our starting LG.  Little and Taylor battling for RT. 

56 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Still can't get Walker Little on the field with the "Best 5"?  He is healthy right?

I can totally understand why it's difficult to work him in.  But it's still a bit frustrating.  Just the way the pieces are laid out, and the situation we have.

Little and Taylor both taking snaps with the 1s so it's still a true battle. 

40 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Are your top rookies expected to get a lot of PT have you heard? I am intrigued to see Walker of course but even ETN is in his rookie season essentially. 

I don’t even know if we’ll see Walker. Don’t foresee ETN playing either.

21 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

The only real battles is the wr pecking order and maybe Ettienne vs Robinson. 

Fortner seems to have gotten all the first team reps at C and Shatley looks to be our starting LG.  Little and Taylor battling for RT. 

I don't even really see those things as "battles".  Both RBs coming off injury, not going to get much of a read on either in camp, and they're going to be used differently anyway.  It'll just be a 1a/1b situation if both guys are healthy.  Same for the WR "pecking order" for the most part.  It's going to be more about slotting guys into the roles that they fit, more than "who is #1/2/3/4" or whatever.  Some competition at the fringes to make the cut maybe, but that's always the case for the depth guys at most positions on pretty much every team...and especially at WR where you can only carry so many of them if they don't have real STs utility.

It does kinda seem like the other guys in the IOL battle fumbled the competition and pretty much handed it to those two.  But it's as close to a "competition" as i'm really seeing.  At least, coming into camp, those spots didn't seem entirely locked down like most other roles.