Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

These guys are peeing in my Braxton cheerios.

This is actually great news…rookies getting beaten off of good veterans is a test all these guys should have to go through…it’s about what they learn and how they adjust…Jones has shown he is willing to take to coaching so as long as we see this in practice and not games I am all for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is actually great news…rookies getting beaten off of good veterans is a test all these guys should have to go through…it’s about what they learn and how they adjust…Jones has shown he is willing to take to coaching so as long as we see this in practice and not games I am all for it.

Everything is good news to you.  LOL.   I am pretty sure you are a Poles plant.   

In all seriousness you are right.   When you listen to him this kid is not your average cookie in terms of intelligence. 

Why he rocketed up depth chart and blew my expectations from watching one game of his college tape at draft away.

But he has a ways to go.   Being best LT on Bears right now is kinda like being hottest chick at Wisconsin Dells water park in December.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Everything is good news to you.  LOL.   I am pretty sure you are a Poles plant.   

In all seriousness you are right.   When you listen to him this kid is not your average cookie in terms of intelligence. 

Why he rocketed up depth chart and blew my expectations from watching one game of his college tape at draft away.

But he has a ways to go.   Being best LT on Bears right now is kinda like being hottest chick at Wisconsin Dells water park in December.

Right now it is 😂 preseason is full of nothing but opportunity and with a team this young that is always a great thing…

That said as much as I don’t expect a ton of victories this year I do expect to see real progression at key spots…Jones is one of them because if he can be a starting LT in this league then that is a big need off the list long term.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Quinn saw the rookie getting hyped in the press and this was a his way of reminding him it was only the first preseason game against guys who really didn't have anything to prove.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That's all ultra optimistic look. 

I know what you're trying to say but I'd feel a lot more confident if Jones was stopping those guys in practice instead of getting beat 😄

But after all he's a 5th round rookie so I'm not placing unrealistic expectations on the kid

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That's all ultra optimistic look. 

I know what you're trying to say but I'd feel a lot more confident if Jones was stopping those guys in practice instead of getting beat 😄

But after all he's a 5th round rookie so I'm not placing unrealistic expectations on the kid

I think you always need to look on the flip side though and say if these guys can’t beat him at times then we probably have issues on that side of the ball…

Another thing to take into considering about today is it was helmets and not full pads…advantage should always be with the DL over the OL in that situation.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think you always need to look on the flip side though and say if these guys can’t beat him at times then we probably have issues on that side of the ball…

Another thing to take into considering about today is it was helmets and not full pads…advantage should always be with the DL over the OL in that situation.

Fair enough and good points..though we know both Quinn and Muhammad can get to the QB based on history. But yes you definitely want to see a good balance of performance between OL & DL throughout camp

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This is how you build a competitive roster…guys who play well will get more opportunities to step up.

One of the most frustrating things with the last regime, guys would start to shine and they'd stomp them out and play an old guy over them.

I hope that changes with this new staff, and looks like it will.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Romen said:

One of the most frustrating things with the last regime, guys would start to shine and they'd stomp them out and play an old guy over them.

I hope that changes with this new staff, and looks like it will.

Agreed. In an ideal world we’re seeing this with Jenkins at RG after one of the next 2 preseason games.