Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

No issues with Roquan holding out here. You have a short career in the NFL and we saw what happened to David Pollack and Ryan Shazier. Jaylon Smith also comes to mind. One bad collision or late shove gone wrong and you can either end or substantially damage your body. 

Two good additions from what it sounds like to help the OL. Idk much about either honestly but the leas chance we have of starting Mustipher the better. Hopefully Jenkins and Broom both find themselves being solid bookends, but even being good OGs are a good haul. 

Hope Jaylon is being honest and Eberflus is a taskmaster. I dont think we were horrible when it came to penalties, but they seemed to come in bad situations and in bunches, plus we have just been sloppy overall. 

The cynic in me notices that we rush out to sign two OL after the first day of seeing the rookies at TC..... and yeah not a great look that the guys we've been kind of penciling in all summer suddenly need people ahead of them (though fans have been beating that particular drum since the draft)

The more practical person in me realizes that it kind of works out perfectly..... Neither of the guys we signed are world beaters, so if the rooks can't beat them out at this point they simply don't -deserve- to start, yet. Which I'm fine with. Additionally, we got a longer look at the rookies to see how they would fit as potential starters, and now have insurance/competition for them after taking that look, and finally, and again by waiting till now, we didn't risk injuring said veterans or have to pay all that much by signing them early.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dafreak said:

Got to love how NFL contracts are initially reported compared to what we see when the numbers are broken down 😂 what this tells me is he is being guaranteed very little in the way of being a starter but if he does come in and is good for us then we are happy to pay him more…solid strategy from Poles…also read a lot last night that says Rieff is a highly respected vet around the league…that can’t be under estimated with the young group of OL we currently have.

• Like 3

CHGO podcast was going on and on about Riley playing right tackle.  

That seems a weird take with Jenkins and Borom much more suited for right tackle and no one on roster with left tackle experience prior to this signing. 

I will be shocked if he lines up at right tackle in camp.  

#1. Quinn is practicing which is a good sign.

#2. I have always wondered why teams don’t do this in camp…must make it easier when you have a who new coaching staff and will without doubt make it easier to see HITS when they review the film.

• Like 1