Rams training camp 2022

NVRamsFan

Rams made a few moves to open camp including some PUP designations.

We expected Ramsey coming back from Surger and we know Kyren broke a bone in his foot but they expect him back soon.

Lake on the PUP as well, he's been working on the side with trainers and coaches solo all of OTA's as well no idea what his issue is.

Travin Howard had apparent groin surgery.

A familiar face brought back as the 4th QB/ Camp arm

And it seems they're very close to extensions for McVay and Snead.

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I had Derion Kendrick as my ROTY for this team. The kid from GA fell late and I think should have been a 2nd-3rd round pick based on talent. He could get on the field earlier than many expected. Love what I'm reading. 

What I really like is how much him and Ramsey seem to be bonding.

You see it more in basketball where a guy that was a great high school talent but struggled in college becomes a stud pro. When I read up on Kendrick that was my hope. Still think it is a bit optimistic to expect much production as a rookie but I would love him to prove me wrong.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, LeotheLion said:

What I really like is how much him and Ramsey seem to be bonding.

You see it more in basketball where a guy that was a great high school talent but struggled in college becomes a stud pro. When I read up on Kendrick that was my hope. Still think it is a bit optimistic to expect much production as a rookie but I would love him to prove me wrong.

Throw Durant in there and you have the three amigo's this camp so far. It's great to see Ramsey tutoring these young guys while he's not practicing full go. I'm so damned glad they addressed the secondary this draft. Durant is making a ton of plays and getting high praise from the coaches.

• Like 2

So Harris is converting in WR...

Yes, receivers. Harris was drafted with a hybrid designation and spent his rookie season with the tight ends. But the Rams’ message for his future is loud and clear.

“They kept it real,” Harris told The Athletic this week. “I showed up one day and they were like, ‘Hey, we see you more as a receiver right now.’ That doesn’t mean that I can’t go back to tight end, because I do have a unique skill set. But as of right now, I’m a receiver. I’m here to embrace whatever role they throw me in.”

Harris, a fourth-round pick in 2021, looks jarringly different from the other receivers on the roster when they stand in line together for drills. He’s 6-foot-6 with a massive frame and wingspan. A former soccer player who didn’t pick up football until college, Harris impressed Rams area scout Michael Pierce, who was blown away by his athletic ability as a prospect and felt for all of his rawness, Harris could be moldable.

I was expecting alot of Allen Robinson hype during camp, but it's reaching absurd levels. Every day they're talking about him in some capacity.

And the Bobby Wagner hype has picked up recently. He had a Pick 6 yesterday in practice. 

I've been thinking that Wagner could bring an element to this defense we've never seen before, meaning the run game has been an achilles heel, but if we can turn that around it can make really open things up for Donald/Ramsey in the passing game as it becomes more one dimensional.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

No worries probably just a camp body

And we just did add another one recently too in Trey Ragas after waiving Xavier Jones. Both those are likely to get carries in camp and preseason as Hendo gets hurt a lot and draft pick Kyren Williams is coming back from a broken foot but expected to be back week 3 preseason game. We have Akers a clear #1 with Hendo and potentially Williams alternating behind him. Then Raymond Calais is behind them likely #4 because of his return game abilities. If somebody else wins the PR/KR jobs then Calais Ragas and Rose will compete for the #4 job

• Like 1

What's everyones concern level with Stafford's elbow? I think it may be a big deal. Really hope he can manage it similar to last year but the elbow issue for him popped up during the season. If he is dealing with it from the onset of TC that may be tougher to deal with over the duration of an entire season.