Rams training camp 2022

NVRamsFan

On 8/6/2022 at 11:23 AM, LeotheLion said:

What's everyones concern level with Stafford's elbow? I think it may be a big deal. Really hope he can manage it similar to last year but the elbow issue for him popped up during the season. If he is dealing with it from the onset of TC that may be tougher to deal with over the duration of an entire season. 

Until I see a personnel move related to it, I won't be nervous.

When the reports of "Rams working out Ryan Fitzpatrick" start to come out, then I'll worry. 

14 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Until I see a personnel move related to it, I won't be nervous.

When the reports of "Rams working out Ryan Fitzpatrick" start to come out, then I'll worry. 

I'm not worried that week 1 or anything like that is in jeopardy. But I think it is a tough ask for him to grind out the injured elbow until January/February. If there is a QB in the league that can do it, it is him. I do hope our running game can have a bit more juice with Cam all year to take some of the load off of Stafford.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm not worried that week 1 or anything like that is in jeopardy. But I think it is a tough ask for him to grind out the injured elbow until January/February. If there is a QB in the league that can do it, it is him. I do hope our running game can have a bit more juice with Cam all year to take some of the load off of Stafford.

I'd love to see us jump in the Kareem Hunt sweepstakes for that exact reason. However, he is looking for his last pay day at 27. So expectations do not necessarily align. Wish we took a flyer on a late round big bodied RB to control clock over the season, but its just not in our philosophy. Michel doesnt get enough credit for his 3-4 yard runs late in the season.

47 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

looks like scott will be the other s next to fuller. and hardy ahead of lewis at the depth chart is noteworthy.
sure, it could be because of an injury, but even than. behind a rookie?

Don't pay attention to depth charts right now they're beyond pointless. Just look at WR, anybody think Van isn't in the top 6 let alone #3? This will change a lot over preseason and it won't even be updated with every change.

30 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Don't pay attention to depth charts right now they're beyond pointless. Just look at WR, anybody think Van isn't in the top 6 let alone #3? This will change a lot over preseason and it won't even be updated with every change.

The only reason why I think it is somewhat noteworthy in regards to Lewis is because typically younger guys are always buried on our depth charts initially. Having Hardy above Lewis is interesting. It very well might mean absolutely nothing but it is against my expectations.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The only reason why I think it is somewhat noteworthy in regards to Lewis is because typically younger guys are always buried on our depth charts initially. Having Hardy above Lewis is interesting. It very well might mean absolutely nothing but it is against my expectations.

You can take whatever you want from it all up to you. These mean nothing, remember at this time last year Corbett was our starting Center and Bobby Evans was our starting RG. That didn't even last through preseason games. These mean nothing.

3 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

You can take whatever you want from it all up to you. These mean nothing, remember at this time last year Corbett was our starting Center and Bobby Evans was our starting RG. That didn't even last through preseason games. These mean nothing.

Expect Evans was running with 1st team at this time until we made the late switch to Allen... 

Just now, LeotheLion said:

Expect Evans was running with 1st team at this time until we made the late switch to Allen... 

Until during actual practices, joint practices and preseason games the coaches saw that Allen was better at center and Corbett better at RG. These things mean nothing the real work hasn't even begun. Look at these all you want but they mean nothing.

38 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Until during actual practices, joint practices and preseason games the coaches saw that Allen was better at center and Corbett better at RG. These things mean nothing the real work hasn't even begun. Look at these all you want but they mean nothing.

I agree they generally mean nothing. You just happened to pick the worst possible example for it imo. The shuffle along the offensive line last year was a surprise and not business as usual like all the prior years. The initial depth chart that had Corbett at C and Evans at RG meant something then because that was how they were practicing in TC until the last day of TC. 

Where the depth chart means nothing to me is with rookies being buried or people that are hurt/limited being buried. It's why Van isn't listed as a starter and Fuller is not listed as a starter. It's why I was expecting Shelton to be listed ahead of Bruss even though the reports seem to be that it is very much an open competition. So it is interesting when rookies surpass vets this early. It might mean nothing but I wouldn't be surprised either if Lewis is going to get outsnapped by other EDGE players beside Hollins and Floyd. 

Edited by LeotheLion

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I agree they generally mean nothing. You just happened to pick the worst possible example for it imo. The shuffle along the offensive line last year was a surprise and not business as usual like all the prior years. The initial depth chart that had Corbett at C and Evans at RG meant something then because that was how they were practicing in TC until the last day of TC. 

Where the depth chart means nothing to me is with rookies being buried or people that are hurt/limited being buried. It's why Van isn't listed as a starter and Fuller is not listed as a starter. It's why I was expecting Shelton to be listed ahead of Bruss even though the reports seem to be that it is very much an open competition. So it is interesting when rookies surpass vets this early. It might mean nothing but I wouldn't be surprised either if Lewis is going to get outsnapped by other EDGE players beside Hollins and Floyd. 

I picked the perfect example haha

A guy this time last year was listed as a starter. Right now he's not even on the depth chart but he's in camp. People right now are worried about names ahead of others on the depth chart. It's very possible that the same thing will happen with those that people are worried about being lower on the depth chart.

16 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

But do they mean anything?