Good News On The Injury Front

Just Want A Title

Lions right guard Halapoulivaati Vaitai will miss at least the first four games of the regular season.

The Lions announced that Vaitai has been placed on injured reserve on Monday. The nature of Vaitai’s injury isn’t known, but he did miss practice time last week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/05/lions-put-halapoulivaati-vaitai-on-ir-claim-drew-forbes/

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

I would love for us to be able to field all 5 starters on the OL just once.

Sounds like Vatai will be out a while if not the whole year from what I have read.  Back injuries suck, as Onuzurike has found.  

We may need to look elsewhere if Stenberg keeps up what he did last week and Kramer doesnt come back soon. 

On 9/14/2022 at 10:09 AM, Nnivolcm said:

Vaitai might not play again this year and to be honest, he might not play for the Lions again with the contract situation for him. Lions should be looking at a long term solution there. 

Someone mentioned in one of the press briefings that Campbell mentioned the string of back injuries to our players and trying to figure why. Wonder if we'll see a change at the strength and conditioning level. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Vaitai might not play again this year and to be honest, he might not play for the Lions again with the contract situation for him. Lions should be looking at a long term solution there. 

Someone mentioned in one of the press briefings that Campbell mentioned the string of back injuries to our players and trying to figure why. Wonder if we'll see a change at the strength and conditioning level. 

I expect there may be a close examination of core strength. Unfortunately once the back is injured it’s very likely to be reoccurring.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Thats a tough blow losing Walker.  And another tough blow losing Swift.  I wouldn't be shocked if Swift is out until after the bye week, and honestly may be for the better of the team if he can get the ankle healthy in that time too.  Going to be a fight the next couple of weeks with injuries but hopefully we can be at least 2-3 for the bye week which should help get some of our guys back.  Coming out of the bye with a healthy Paschal, Okwara, Onwuzurike, Jameo and Jonah Jackson would be nice. 

37 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats a tough blow losing Walker.  And another tough blow losing Swift.  I wouldn't be shocked if Swift is out until after the bye week, and honestly may be for the better of the team if he can get the ankle healthy in that time too.  Going to be a fight the next couple of weeks with injuries but hopefully we can be at least 2-3 for the bye week which should help get some of our guys back.  Coming out of the bye with a healthy Paschal, Okwara, Onwuzurike, Jameo and Jonah Jackson would be nice. 

I think Jameo would do wonders for this offense once he and Goff get some time playing together.

• Like 1