2022 Training Camp Thread

textaz03

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I wish they would sign some one.  I tried see who is still available but could not figure it out.  I just don’t want some one.  Beasley would be so so as would Landry but after that I would have questions 

This isn’t going to be as bad as opening day 2018, but it’s going to follow that same philosophy. You know one….”we like our guys.”

Edited by WizardHawk

On 8/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, D82 said:

If only they didn't trade away Amari Cooper, or hedge their bets on a guy coming off a serious foot injury and another guy who's never played a full season.

Im Coopers biggest fan dating back to Alabama. I think the guy gets a poor rap from the end of his time with the Raiders, where persistent nagging injury, roller coaster QB play and spotty playcalling made his consistency disappear.

And while in Dallas, he was outstanding with the ball in space that first year, showcasing elite level ball skills, route running and playmaking. But when the system shifted, and Moore began calling more diverse route trees designed for separation as opposed to open field playnaking, he was again taken a bit out of what he does best. He could still burn em on the route. But tight spot, timing adjusted catches are not as much his forte as getting him the ball quick and letting him make magic happen. Plus, the nagging injuries hampering him again. 

More bad rap times.

Definitely an overlooked stud of a receiver.

That said - at his price on the cap, with Gallup that big body target and Lamb burning em on the route all the same, while being much better at timing adjusted catch opportunities...Cooper became expendable. For that low of a trade compensation Id probably have just found a way to keep him. But overall, i get the move.

But now with JW out, depth is a concern...however, at some point, guys like Fehoko and co. Have to be given a chance to step up. Thats how you find out if you have yourself another little Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton or Laurent Robinson situation. Got to give these picks and UDFAs and bottom barrel signings a chance...or else why bring them in? Those really good teams, those CHAMPIONSHIP teams, get production out of those cheap signings, 5th and 6th round selections, and no name UDFAs. Those bottom roster, fringe guys step in for injury, or contribute a big catch on a big stage, and can be the difference between a good team making it to the playoffs, and a ring winning team taking home all the glory.