NFL+ and NFL+ premium streaming

Totty

So the NFL has created a streaming service for 30-80 bucks a year.  I tried to look and see if it was all games or just select and it seemed vague.  Anyone interested in this?  I would be so long as it's all games.  

Wasn't sure if this was NFL news or NFL general worthy.  Feel free to move mods.  

Edited by Totty

6 hours ago, Totty said:

So the NFL has created a streaming service for 30-80 bucks a year.  I tried to look and see if it was all games or just select and it seemed vague.  Anyone interested in this?  I would be so long as it's all games.  

Wasn't sure if this was NFL news or NFL general worthy.  Feel free to move mods.  

If yourself or anyone else is considering buying this then I strongly suggest not getting it this year.  Let idiots like myself pay for it and give you honest feedback first before sinking any money into it. I wish that I had done this last year when they switched to NFL.com from the standalone site..... It was a HORRIBLE experience and the worst since it's inception, but I have (admittedly) been stupid enough to buy the NFL game pass every year for the last 10+ years, so I just went with it. Bad move on my part.

Like last year, with the new website, this will be new to the NFL and it's team and they will no doubt release some unfinished crap. JMO

6 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Is it was all games it would be a great deal but local and primetime only? No thanks...

I get it though, if it was all games for that price it would basically kill Sunday ticket.

And mind you I'm in Texas now so I'd basically be paying to watch the Cowboys every week.

I don’t think people realize how good of a deal this actually is for people who only get streaming like YoutubeTV purely for football. 

For $80 a year, you get all the primetime games and your local team’s games. Instead of paying $65-75 a month for something like YoutubeTV. 

No reason for me to have cable anymore which I only did between Sept-Feb. 

You also get all the games on demand. Basically Gamepass with live games this year (including your team). 

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think people realize how good of a deal this actually is for people who only get streaming like YoutubeTV purely for football. 

For $80 a year, you get all the primetime games and your local team’s games. Instead of paying $65-75 a month for something like YoutubeTV. 

No reason for me to have cable anymore which I only did between Sept-Feb. 

You also get all the games on demand. Basically Gamepass with live games this year (including your team). 

You say this now until you find out first hand just how many of the functions don't work nearly as good as advertised.

You want primetime games? Great. Enjoy the app constantly freezing, buffering, and crashing during important moments of the game. Oh? Just restart the app and rewind to the place where you were left off? Good idea. But good luck too. The rewind function is completely broken. They give you two options. Rewind the game using the slider bar manually or a "10 second rewind" button, and both are terrible. The 10 second rewind is completely useless because the slide bar is horrible and completely out of sync. Click where you left off in the 2nd quarter and you will be transported to the start of the 4th Q for some odd reason (ruining your experience because then you know the score at that time). This completely negates the use of a 10 second rewind because good luck finding where you left off in the first place.

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You say this now until you find out first hand just how many of the functions don't work nearly as good as advertised.

You want primetime games? Great. Enjoy the app constantly freezing, buffering, and crashing during important moments of the game. Oh? Just restart the app and rewind to the place where you were left off? Good idea. But good luck too. The rewind function is completely broken. They give you two options. Rewind the game using the slider bar manually or a "10 second rewind" button, and both are terrible. The 10 second rewind is completely useless because the slide bar is horrible and completely out of sync. Click where you left off in the 2nd quarter and you will be transported to the start of the 4th Q for some odd reason (ruining your experience because then you know the score at that time). This completely negates the use of a 10 second rewind because good luck finding where you left off in the first place.

I honestly don’t care about the on demand stuff. Live local games and primetime games is well worth $80 a year. You can’t even get local games with Sunday Ticket. 

If you wanna use it to watch live, then get a VPN. Set it to Brazil (cheapest country), buy GamePass full version for $72 (cheaper than the NFL+ premium of $80 which includes All-22). Profit.

If not then, I guess this NFL+ premium with the All-22 for $80 is better than the $100 they were charging for GamePass previously.

NOTICE:

All local games were free on the NFL app last year (for tablets and phones). This was also true for SNF.  This is not a deal.

They just felt like charging money for it now (or the networks forced them to stop competing for free)

• Like 1