Eagles Training Camp 2022

Kiltman

This kind of goes against how Kempski and BLG described Hurts performance. On their pod they are doing a consensus stock up, stock down or stock neutral for him after each practice and they went with neutral. BLG said he was neutral to stock down cause of course he was I swear he has a bias against Hurts. Felt like Jimmy pushed him towards siding with neutral. Either way it didn’t sound like Jalen had a bad first day at all. It sounds like he was late on the throw to Goedert and that allowed Epps to get in on the play and make a nice pick and then they discussed him not pulling the trigger I think on Quez downfield on what looked like a coverage bust. It seemed like he made a handful of good throws by all accounts though, so at the very least it seemed like he had a solid day. It was all red zone work today it sounds like. I do think our media is generally gonna be harsher on Hurts than outside guys though.

Both Kempski and BLG went with their MVP of day 1 as guys in the middle of the defense. Marcus Epps was Kempski’s pick for his interception he broke on. He also pointed out that the media was behind the end zone for the red zone work and he was as impressed with Epps being the top safety out there and taking control of the defense and barking out where guys should be to Wallace who was back there with them and the linebackers in front of him. BLG pointed out that he thinks it’s very possible it’s not Epps vs. Tartt for the starting job like people thought and could be between Harris vs. Tartt.

They also mentioned today Bradberry mostly lined up on Brown and Slay on Smith, so they thought that Eagles could be more match up dependent this year with how they deploy their outside corners like if there is a bigger body physical guy Bradberry will likely take them and if there is a speedier technician then Slay will get thee match-up.

They both said Reagor didn’t do anything amazing, but he didn’t mess up at all. He was with the twos with Minshew which is to be expected. They both wondered if Pascal was out there if he would’ve taken some of the reps with the first team.

They both said Calcaterra showed up at times today. Wasn’t really much mention of the rookies.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This kind of goes against how Kempski and BLG described Hurts performance. On their pod they are doing a consensus stock up, stock down or stock neutral for him after each practice and they went with neutral. BLG said he was neutral to stock down cause of course he was I swear he has a bias against Hurts. Felt like Jimmy pushed him towards siding with neutral. Either way it didn’t sound like Jalen had a bad first day at all. It sounds like he was late on the throw to Goedert and that allowed Epps to get in on the play and make a nice pick and then they discussed him not pulling the trigger I think on Quez downfield on what looked like a coverage bust. It seemed like he made a handful of good throws by all accounts though, so at the very least it seemed like he had a solid day. It was all red zone work today it sounds like. I do think our media is generally gonna be harsher on Hurts than outside guys though.

Both Kempski and BLG went with their MVP of day 1 as guys in the middle of the defense. Marcus Epps was Kempski’s pick for his interception he broke on. He also pointed out that the media was behind the end zone for the red zone work and he was as impressed with Epps being the top safety out there and taking control of the defense and barking out where guys should be to Wallace who was back there with them and the linebackers in front of him. BLG pointed out that he thinks it’s very possible it’s not Epps vs. Tartt for the starting job like people thought and could be between Harris vs. Tartt.

They also mentioned today Bradberry mostly lined up on Brown and Slay on Smith, so they thought that Eagles could be more match up dependent this year with how they deploy their outside corners like if there is a bigger body physical guy Bradberry will likely take them and if there is a speedier technician then Slay will get thee match-up.

They both said Reagor didn’t do anything amazing, but he didn’t mess up at all. He was with the twos with Minshew which is to be expected. They both wondered if Pascal was out there if he would’ve taken some of the reps with the first team.

They both said Calcaterra showed up at times today. Wasn’t really much mention of the rookies.

Your first mistake was listening to anything BLG says 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Your first mistake was listening to anything BLG says 

I know. I usually hate doing it, but I consider it taking my medicine. Listening to his negative outlooks keeps my optimism more in check lol.

I like Jimmy. For the most part I think he's pretty fair.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

TRM is a sicko, You can’t hold that against him.

200.gif

Waking up in summer in high school to get on the computer before 7 am west coast time to watch live practices broadcasted on the Eagles website (we used to get way better coverage than we do now) from Lehigh to now being 30 and still waking up early to make sure I read every single beat reporters live tweets, then listening to podcasts (yes sometimes more than one) about the stuff they tweeted about to get more context. Definite sicko behavior.

• Like 1

8. Late in the 7-on-7 period, with the third-team offense out on the field and the starters getting their rest, there was some confusion from some of the younger players before the snap. As they tried to work it out, quarterback Jalen Hurts stepped up to shout out the corrections and get guys lined up. Sirianni wanted the players to handle it on their own. I thought this was a really interesting exchange between the two, as it gave some insight into both personalities. Hurts, being the leader that he is, wanted to help get his guys set up. Sirianni, being the coach that he is, wanted to let the rookies and young veterans figure it out on their own. After the play, both Sirianni and Hurts caught up with the players involved and went through the corrections. – Fran

Liked this tidbit from Fran Duffy

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

200.gif

Waking up in summer in high school to get on the computer before 7 am west coast time to watch live practices broadcasted on the Eagles website (we used to get way better coverage than we do now) from Lehigh to now being 30 and still waking up early to make sure I read every single beat reporters live tweets, then listening to podcasts (yes sometimes more than one) about the stuff they tweeted about to get more context. Definite sicko behavior.

Miss those days, always watched camp too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Miss those days, always watched camp too. 

Was much better being able to watch players run through drills and all that and not have to solely rely on beat reporters for every detail. Sucks that even the open practices at the Linc have been decreased from like 3 to 2 and now this year it’s just 1. I saw a national media guy who I’m guessing has been going to camps for decades say he liked it a lot better when teams would travel for camp rather than how most do it at their facility now. I think Howie mentioned something in the presser yesterday before practice how guys sleep better in their own beds than in dorms and that is part of it I think. Like I understand having better treatment and stuff at the facility, the sleep aspect, and not wanting as much of the install to be seen on camera, but obviously it puts a damper on the product for fans. Especially now when they’ve decreased the amount of preseason games and I think it’s gonna start being where most starters barely play in preseason. I wish the host team for joint practices would stream the practices live. Not like teams are doing installs on those dates anyways. They are probably keeping things pretty vanilla.

• Like 1

I have been vocal about my dislike of BLG and Kempski, but I trust their practice notes over other podcasts even though I don't  listen to BGN anymore.

Last year they had like a mini back and forth with Inside the Birds because BLG was too critical of Raegor and they thought he was doing pretty good. Lo and behold Reagor sucked. 

BLG has nothing against Hurts, in fact he was anti-Wentz since it was fashionable and wanted Hurts in 2021. Like many, hoping that we fell *** backwards into a franchise QB against all odds.

As of Hurts's criticism. We just have to deal with the very real possibility that the much improved roster has a major hole in its most important position and based on what we have seen until this point in the Hurts era, the offense will continue to be handicapped by him. 

For the 1st time since Hurts was 16, he has the same play caller. Has improved weapons that can actually catch and run the correct routes. Knows the offense, its terminology,  its concepts instead of learning them on the fly as a 1st year starter with the rest of the players.

If he doesn't improve then the Eagles will move on in 2023 despite his clear and obvious relationship with Sirianni.

When he does, there's gonna be a lot of crow eaten by seasons end IMO. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

For the 1st time since Hurts was 16, he has the same play caller. Has improved weapons that can actually catch and run the correct routes. Knows the offense, its terminology,  its concepts instead of learning them on the fly as a 1st year starter with the rest of the players.

If he doesn't improve then the Eagles will move on in 2023 despite his clear and obvious relationship with Sirianni.

When he does, there's gonna be a lot of crow eaten by seasons end IMO. 

He will most definitely improve. But he is so pedestrian as a passer that even if he improves a lot, might not be good enough. 

There is no way Hurts won't improve. I don't know about 30+ passing TDs but I don't think he needs to be that right now. Of course it will all be different once the pads come on and even in preseason. But I have a good feeling about the Eagles this season. It is their division to lose for sure.

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

He will most definitely improve. But he is so pedestrian as a passer that even if he improves a lot, might not be good enough. 

If the expectations are Majones, Allen and even Herbert you absolutely correct.  Will never happen. 

However this idea Hurts can't be Wilson, Prescott in year 3 is absurd to me. Like them he's shown constant improvement from years 1, 2 and now 3 mostly. Just not a fan of the unwavering "hate" he gets. 

Crow will be eaten by seasons end baring injury.  That I have little doubt.