Eagles Training Camp 2022

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

BLG hard at work on Twitter trying to bury Hurts on TC day 3. 

He is easily my 2nd least favorite Eagles media member after ESP. 

Yeah lol. He definitely does a good job writing all his tweets about his bad throws or incompletions in a way that seems like he's the worst QB on earth and sometimes will skiop over his completions and when he does mention them its not usually in the same kind of striking fashion.

With that said, it does seem like through the first 2 days of practice and into today that Jalen has made some pretty questionable decisions like throwing across his body (I know he's done it for a pick today and wanna say he made a similar throw in a previous practice or yesterday throwing into a crowd with Maddox baiting him on a window one Eagles beat said he didn't even think Aaron Rodgers could fit it into. It just seems like he hasn't been quite as accurate over the first few practice as we'd like and is making some YOLO throws. 

The way its been reported how he's played kinda reminded me of this quote from Wentz I read in a Commanders practice article the other day:

For your final Wentz takeaway, he revealed that he treats camp as more like a game than some of his peers under center. There's a section of passers who will let it rip more in July and August since turnovers don't count and they can get away with experimenting. Wentz, for the most part, prefers to do it differently: "I want to be clean, I want to be efficient, I want to be effective," he said.

Hopefully that is just what Hurts is doing trying to see what he can and can't gg et away with, cause while I did think at times he would make a dumb decision like trying to throw across his body or trying to fit it in where he probably couldn't. For the most part last year I think he did a good job not being too risky as a passer. My concern more was the timing of getting it out and going through his progressions quicker and seeing the whole field. It seems like he has still not shined in those areas too much yet at camp, but its early. The offenses are usually behind the defenses early in camp, because the offense requires much more timing. It's early in camp, so I wouldn't freak out yet, but obviously I hope Hurts starts stacking mostly good practices sooner rather than later.

Think Jimmy is right. He pointed out the Eagles don't have the cap space to just cut him.

If he's traded its a little over 2x less of a dead money cap hit.

Not many long ones, but perfect is perfect.

Have heard from quite a few beats that Miles looks like he's in terrific shape. Beat reporters (especially ours) don't typically like talking about guys being in great shape, cause its so often a cliche, but I've heard at least a few of them mention it that he looks ready and quicker. Jimmy went into talking about how big his thighs looked. Just looks the part like he's ready to play. Hopefully some added mass and being in better shape leads to some better luck with injuries. I really do hope him and Saquon are both able to stay on the field this season, cause they can pop off really long explosive runs when healthy.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Over analyzing every day and throw of practice is just silly. You don’t know what is being worked on or what he is trying to do.

That goes for pretty much any player unless it’s a legit roster battle 

I don't disagree. I typically try and take this stuff in camp with a grain of salt, especially early on when kinks are being worked out.

Have to rememeber guys do really well in camp and then get cut or it doesn't show up on game days. I remember Patrick Robinson sucked in camp and all the beats were down on him, but he turned in one of the best seasons at slot corner in 2017 on our way to a Super Bowl.

Also, I don't know about you or anyone else, but the vibe I've got over Jalen's first 2 years was that he's more of a gamer than he is a clean practice player.

This has been the general consensus so far among beat reporters. I think his versatility of being a good special teams player and having played basically every position in the secondary helps his case over a guy like Wallace who hasn't shown much on special teams and is mainly a box safety type.

FWIW I didn't see a single other beat reporter mention all the under throws or this "almost pick" by Bradberry.

Good reminder of what me and@EaglesPeteC just mentioned.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy