NBA 2K23

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Omg, take my freaking money.  This is going to destroy Madden. 

I've done stuff like this, in the past, but had to do most of the stuff on my own.  The actual era specific presentation and automatic updating of jerseys and movement of teams is next level.  I'm sure there will be bugs and a lot of generic players, but this is insane.  Most excited I've been about a 2K announcement in a long time.  

I just hope that once you select an era, things like records and especially retired numbers, reset to what they actually were at that time, vs what they are currently.  I can overlook the records, but drafting someone like Pat Ewing to the Knicks, and not being able to wear 33 would mess with me.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Does 2k22 have a good career/manager mode? I know nothing about basketball but it is free on PS+. FIFA and Madden SUCK. 

It has the best Sandbox/GM style mode of all of the sports games, imo.  I can't speak on the player specific career mode, as I haven't messed with that since like 2k16.  

If by manager mode, you mean like a GM, then yes it does.  It's called MyNBA (current gen) or MyLeague/MyGM (last gen).  MyLeague is the sandbox approach, MyGM is the more roleplaying singular GM career mode.  MyNBA is just the 2 modes combined into one where you can toggle on/off the role playing elements while still controlling as much as you across the league.  

If by manager mode you mean like a coach type mode, where you don't actually control the players, but coach the actual game, I'm not sure about that.  I've never tried that in 2k.  I would imagine it's possible, particularly through the supersim system, but I have no idea how good it actually is.  

The Jordan Challenges and the MyNBA era thing looks really good. I don't really play offline, so I don't really care about it much, but it's cool for people who do.

As far as online goes, they're saying all the right things so far. The Adrenaline Boost thing on offense and defense looks like it'll completely change the way the game is played. Seems great on paper, but we'll have to see how it's implemented.

This is the third version of next gen 2K, so I'm expecting the game to be really good. 2K21 next gen was one of the worst 2K games ever. 2K22 was a big improvement to 2K21. Also, Jordan is on the cover of this game, so it's going to be a good 2K.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:31 AM, OkeyDoke21 said:

That legitimately looks incredible. I try to only buy this game every 2-3 years but this seems like a singular reason to buy it. Imagine madden having that kind of creativity. Full 80 year franchises starting in the 80s with real draft classes? That sounds like so much fun. 

I wonder if there will be modern bias or rookie overall affecting draft positions? Like MJ is the best player of all time, will he still go 3rd overall if the draft order is shaken up? 
Also wonder how they make Len Bias. Based on his supposed potential he could’ve been a key player in the 80s and 90s