NBA 2K23

34 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I wonder if there will be modern bias or rookie overall affecting draft positions? Like MJ is the best player of all time, will he still go 3rd overall if the draft order is shaken up? 
Also wonder how they make Len Bias. Based on his supposed potential he could’ve been a key player in the 80s and 90s 

I would imagine it would work like it does when you bring in a classic draft class now, and the players are drafted off of what they were more than what their actual draft position was.  It would be kind of cheap if they were drafted where they were in real life.  The user is already at a pretty big advantage just having hindsight that the cpu doesn't completely have, but that advantage is pretty massive if I know I can just trade up to number 11 in '85, and guarantee myself Karl Malone.  

Bias probably won't be in the 2k classes.  He hasn't been in the past, to my knowledge.  You can always download a class from online where someone has created him.  Same with Barkley and Reggie Miller.   They are bringing over players from MyTeam, that they didn't have included in their past historic classes, like Kelly Tripucka, but they still aren't going to be complete classes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I would imagine it would work like it does when you bring in a classic draft class now, and the players are drafted off of what they were more than what their actual draft position was.  It would be kind of cheap if they were drafted where they were in real life.  The user is already at a pretty big advantage just having hindsight that the cpu doesn't completely have, but that advantage is pretty massive if I know I can just trade up to number 11 in '85, and guarantee myself Karl Malone.  

Bias probably won't be in the 2k classes.  He hasn't been in the past, to my knowledge.  You can always download a class from online where someone has created him.  Same with Barkley and Reggie Miller.   They are bringing over players from MyTeam, that they didn't have included in their past historic classes, like Kelly Tripucka, but they still aren't going to be complete classes.  

I guess in part it would ride on the potential system which I’m not familiar with since I only play single player in 2k’s for the most part lol. Like if the two players in front of MJ start with a higher overall but a B or C rating cap, while MJ has an A+ rating cap. I’m not sure if I like hindsight affecting true draft order for the CPU. 

Is that a player likeness issue, where they don’t have permission from the individual? I feel like he should be in it, especially in a “what if?” hypothetical game mode. 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I guess in part it would ride on the potential system which I’m not familiar with since I only play single player in 2k’s for the most part lol. Like if the two players in front of MJ start with a higher overall but a B or C rating cap, while MJ has an A+ rating cap. I’m not sure if I like hindsight affecting true draft order for the CPU. 

Is that a player likeness issue, where they don’t have permission from the individual? I feel like he should be in it, especially in a “what if?” hypothetical game mode. 

Yeah, potential definitely factors in to who the CPU drafts.  I did something similar to this in 2k19, and MJ went 1, Hakeem went 2, for example.  In '85, Ewing still went 1 but Malone went 2.  

It is a player likeness issue.  That's why Barkley and Miller haven't been in.  Rasheed Wallace hasn't been in for a few years.  Drazen Petrovic has been in, but I can't ever remember seeing Bias.  I would guess they would have to individually get permissions from their estate.   

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 5:49 AM, NYRaider said:

Anyone play online (PS5)? I'm looking for people to play rec with and potentially to join my new pro am team.

i got a ps5.  whats your build?  i'm down to play Rec.  I played like 5 games in the rec but some dumb reason it has my record at 0-0.  

I'm a 6'10 2 way stretch glass cleaner.  58 percent win percentage in park.  

Edited by Texansfan713

On 11/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, Texansfan713 said:

i got a ps5.  whats your build?  i'm down to play Rec.  I played like 5 games in the rec but some dumb reason it has my record at 0-0.  

I'm a 6'10 2 way stretch glass cleaner.  58 percent win percentage in park.  

I have a 6'9 2-way 3 level scorer and a 7'2 glass cleaning finisher, both builds can shoot though so I can play with anyone. DM me. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just tried to trade for a player and the other team said it wasn’t conscionable or something and suggested a different trade. The different trade was the same trade plus their own 2nd round pick tacked on. Thanks I guess 

• 2 weeks later...

Did half of the Jordan Challenges before learning its glitched and won’t progress, so that was a total waste of time. 

Started a myplayer but it’s such a time sink that resets every year that I don’t know how deep I’ll get into it this year. 

I feel like they should add a moments mode for my player for people that play the actual games but don’t want to play 82 full games. Just the sweet stuff and an auto jump into the next game like mlb the show does