Training Camp 2022, Let’s ride!

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Very interesting. Meinerz on the bench?

Yeah, it is. With the scheme they've been saying they want to run it's hard to imagine Muti on the right. I love the guy and think he could be a great replacement for Risner at LG but hmmmm?

Was Meinerz at Center?

23 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Don't put words in my mouth. We needed a change of OC badly. QB coach also. There's two sides of the LOS though. We gave up what in my opinion was one of the top D staffs in the league with the performance to match.

To say that's a concern of mine would be a huge understatement.

The issue is they are tied together. The D looked so good because everything about this team was geared towards making them look good. The broncos had the 4 longest TOP per drive despite being a well below average offense. They ran the ball by far the most on 3rd and long. Because limiting opposing drives was more important than preserving our own. It was said more than once that limiting turnovers was THE most important thing they looked for in a QB, because those make the D look bad. 

on the other hand we never pushed to take chances and be aggressive on D to try and get the turnover… because it wasn’t worth taking a risk to help the offense if it meant that the D looked bad.

at the end of the day the broncos had the second best opp starting field position and by far the fewest opposition drives and still were just above average on defense. 

for that reason you had to get rid of the man at the top. It didn’t matter who the OC and QB coach were because the TEAM philosophy was broken. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

The issue is they are tied together. The D looked so good because everything about this team was geared towards making them look good. The broncos had the 4 longest TOP per drive despite being a well below average offense. They ran the ball by far the most on 3rd and long. Because limiting opposing drives was more important than preserving our own. It was said more than once that limiting turnovers was THE most important thing they looked for in a QB, because those make the D look bad. 

on the other hand we never pushed to take chances and be aggressive on D to try and get the turnover… because it wasn’t worth taking a risk to help the offense if it meant that the D looked bad.

at the end of the day the broncos had the second best opp starting field position and by far the fewest opposition drives and still were just above average on defense. 

for that reason you had to get rid of the man at the top. It didn’t matter who the OC and QB coach were because the TEAM philosophy was broken. 

The D was also the best Red Zone defense in the league for all of Fangio's 3 years.

Look, I'm not trying to relive the past. Just trying to point out that our coaching staff is hugely untried or tested. Guys getting their first NFL job, first OC/DC job, etc. I'm trying to temper expectations so we can look at the season realistically. Right now, we're just not.

They may work out great, they may suck. Well find out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

The D was also the best Red Zone defense in the league for all of Fangio's 3 years.

Look, I'm not trying to relive the past. Just trying to point out that our coaching staff is hugely untried or tested. Guys getting their first NFL job, first OC/DC job, etc. I'm trying to temper expectations so we can look at the season realistically. Right now, we're just not.

They may work out great, they may suck. Well find out.

That’s fair. I don’t think anyone is saying that we’re winning the Lombardi this year, but I think it’s fair to say that for the first time in years there’s reason for optimism 

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk

Unless someone is hurt gotta think the ILB guys vying for the 2nd starter job didn’t impress.   Gotta wonder if the Browning EDGE experiment ends.   

Either way can’t hurt to bring Schobert - if he’s close to top form would be a big addition.  Can’t think there’s any risk being invited this late.  

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Unless someone is hurt gotta think the ILB guys vying for the 2nd starter job didn’t impress.   Gotta wonder if the Browning EDGE experiment ends.   

Either way can’t hurt to bring Schobert - if he’s close to top form would be a big addition.  Can’t think there’s any risk being invited this late.  

Hearing both Browning and Bonnito are doing well on the Edge so I don't see Browning moving back any time soon. The guy who should be worried about this is Strnad, haven't heard ANYTHING about him so far and he isn't a Paton guy. 

They just don’t have a playable 4th ILB after moving Browning, that’s all that is. Schobert has been a bad player since he got paid. 

Jonas Griffith has been getting rave reviews so far in camp. They’re excited about him. That was another Paton freak athlete dart throw. 

Edited by BroncoBruin