Training Camp 2022, Let’s ride!

AnAngryAmerican

52 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Suspect the idea of rotating RG ends now.   Cush/Meinerz seem set for C/G (no surprise for Meinerz).  All eyes turn to LG IMO.  

Risner, Muti, Glasgow, Turner and Compton are all viable options there. I expect to see one of them moved (all the recent hype leads me to believe it will be Muti). 

16 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Risner, Muti, Glasgow, Turner and Compton are all viable options there. I expect to see one of them moved (all the recent hype leads me to believe it will be Muti). 

WR and G both seem like positions that Paton can use to rebuild draft capital for 2023.    Crazy to consider from the dregs of despair we experienced even 2-3 years ago.   

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I can't see that. He's cheap, had played pretty well at both OG spots and physically is a monster. A great guy as your OG backup. If Cush goes down you just do an "Alex Gibbs", move Meinerz to OC and bring in Muti.

32 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Wouldn't go that far, but it's clear they are going to use him, at a minimum, like Isaiah McKenzie should've been used here. Which, frankly, I would embrace.

Especially if Hamler isn’t 100 percent to start the year then Washington can be both the vertical threat and YAC gadget / jet sweep guy.   Having 2 vertical burners is a luxury made possible with the ST chops Washington should bring as a returner.    BUF / McKenzie usage  is a great comp.  

Kendall Hinton, Tyrie Cleveland & Seth Williams all have a long path to the roster with Hamler back & Washington showing out and being a ST weapon.    If we go with 6 WR that’s only 1 spot left.   Wouldn’t mind if Paton could get a similar deal like he did with Trinity Benson/DET.  2/3 if not all of them likely won’t make the 53-man roster and I’d much rather stash Kaden Davis on the PS (and more likely he can clear waivers as a UDFA rookie).  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Especially if Hamler isn’t 100 percent to start the year then Washington can be both the vertical threat and YAC gadget / jet sweep guy.   Having 2 vertical burners is a luxury made possible with the ST chops Washington should bring as a returner.    BUF / McKenzie usage  is a great comp.  

Kendall Hinton, Tyrie Cleveland & Seth Williams all have a long path to the roster with Hamler back & Washington showing out and being a ST weapon.    If we go with 6 WR that’s only 1 spot left.   Wouldn’t mind if Paton could get a similar deal like he did with Trinity Benson/DET.  2/3 if not all of them likely won’t make the 53-man roster and I’d much rather stash Kaden Davis on the PS (and more likely he can clear waivers as a UDFA rookie).  

Have to agree on this, but the TC name I keep hearing is Brandon Johnson, keep an eye on this guy. With a lot of WR's going down so far, Paton better be on the phone to Dallas by the time I'm done posting this. 

10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Have to agree on this, but the TC name I keep hearing is Brandon Johnson, keep an eye on this guy. With a lot of WR's going down so far, Paton better be on the phone to Dallas by the time I'm done posting this. 

I think he’s another who could be stashed on the PS given he’s a rookie UDFA.   The draw with both is if they don’t get activated for 6 games (IE 12 games on PS) their service tine doesn’t toll.  So we get 4 more years to develop them.   Don’t think Hinton would clear waivers and I think Seth Williams has more recognized value.   Either way it’s a good problem to have.  

Spoiler
  • Like 1