GDT 2017: Week 11 - Ravens @ Packers

Danand

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

I'd have thought that Rainey would be the odd one out being the last RB in, but I would agree that West doesn't bring much if Collins is the starting back and Buck Allen is the short yardage/3rd down back

Rainey was released monday

And tbh that move doesn't make sense to me because Rainey still brings ST's value, whereas West does not, and we all know that West is not the feature back any more, Buck Allen is already a good enough rotational back, and Woodhead is the passing back. So why would we cut Rainey and not just IR West or something?

For all the talk about this offense this bye week, I think the team really managed to draw up a line with Harbaugh/Mornhinweg on one side and Flacco on the other.

If Harbaugh really believes in Mornhinwegs scheme, then he actually blames Flacco for the offenses struggles. On the other hand, if we are suddenly more aggressive on offense and Flacco performs, then we can look back and blame the scheme.

40 minutes ago, Danand said:

For all the talk about this offense this bye week, I think the team really managed to draw up a line with Harbaugh/Mornhinweg on one side and Flacco on the other.

If Harbaugh really believes in Mornhinwegs scheme, then he actually blames Flacco for the offenses struggles. On the other hand, if we are suddenly more aggressive on offense and Flacco performs, then we can look back and blame the scheme.

We need the new Skycam to see what Flacco sees. NEED IT.

3 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Can't wait for Alex Collins to get 12 carries this game. Going to be exhilarating.

And then after we lose because Flacco throws 40 times, completes like 21 passes and throws 2+ interceptions trying to target Perriman like 10 times we'll hear the same tired excuse of how the scheme isn't the issue, blah blah blah.

Ronnie Stanley is doubtful for this week, which just amplifies the need to focus the offense around Alex Collins and run the ball, chew the clock, and move the chains.

37 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

And then after we lose because Flacco throws 40 times, completes like 21 passes and throws 2+ interceptions trying to target Perriman like 10 times we'll hear the same tired excuse of how the scheme isn't the issue, blah blah blah.

Ronnie Stanley is doubtful for this week, which just amplifies the need to focus the offense around Alex Collins and run the ball, chew the clock, and move the chains.

Don't understand why Collins doesn't get 20+ touches every game. "But he fumbles!!!" Joe Flacco throws more interceptions than touchdowns but is allowed to throw the ball a million times a game. There is ZERO reason for him to not get 20+ touches every game. I can live with his chance at fumbling because he's the only guy on the team who can make plays.

11 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Don't understand why Collins doesn't get 20+ touches every game. "But he fumbles!!!" Joe Flacco throws more interceptions than touchdowns but is allowed to throw the ball a million times a game. There is ZERO reason for him to not get 20+ touches every game. I can live with his chance at fumbling because he's the only guy on the team who can make plays.

You're preaching to the choir, my friend. I specifically started him last week in fantasy under the thought of "Okay he just had his best game as a pro in the Miami game and we put up 40 points. The formula is right there, so there's no way they'll not use him, right?!"

Collins gets 12 carries in the loss to Tennessee

¬¬

21 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm still not convinced Collins is a truly effective 20+ carry a game back, but at this point it's not going to hurt to try. The offense literally isn't doing anything otherwise. 

Nobody knows, but all we do know right now is that when he gets carries, he produces. There's no reason to not make him the workhorse back and focal point of the offense. We've tried making Flacco the focal point and where's it gotten us? Absolutely nowhere.

Archived