GDT 2017: Week 11 - Ravens @ Packers

Danand

I expect this to be another Chicago Bears game. Both teams will want to run, but when it comes to the passing game, the team that makes the clutch plays will win eventually.

Despite Flaccos poor performances so far, I believe we have the better quarterback, while the Packers have by far the best wide receiver corps. Cobb, Nelson and Adams could easily make enough good plays that will force us to play from behind. Which is why we can't play scared and let them get the lead. We should start aggressive and if it don't work the first drives, we should keep doing it. This doesn't mean we shouldn't led Collins get his carries, but every throw has to have an emphasis on longer routes.

Also, if Hurst is at LT, then put Bowanko/Boyle in there to help him. We have only 2 legit receivers anyway.

8 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Perriman demoted and healthy scratch this week. Didn't think the Coaches had the balls to sit him. I support the decision. 

I just saw that. Welp, guess we can officially label him a bust now. Regardless, I'm happy to see the coaching staff finally admit it wasn't working and move on; better now than later.

59 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I just saw that. Welp, guess we can officially label him a bust now. Regardless, I'm happy to see the coaching staff finally admit it wasn't working and move on; better now than later.

More ballsy than I anticipated, hopefully this is a sign of urgency.

Also, even if we lose, we are still only 4-6 and have mathematical chance to make the playoffs. We might be able to lose another game and still be in it, so in case we lose tonight, we are still in contention - even though we certainly doesn't look like a playoff team.

I have to be positive, although it seems I am on some heavy drugs, but we have to remember, that real fans aren't supposed to be critical about their team.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

Perriman demoted and healthy scratch this week. Didn't think the Coaches had the balls to sit him. I support the decision. 

"Today is the day John Harbaugh officially became head coach for the Baltimore Ravens"

I still am scratching my head at waiving Bobby Rainey if we were just going to make West a healthy scratch, but oh well, not that big of a deal.

While we suddenly have a number of cornerbacks doing well, its sad to see Hill as an inactive on gameday. Hopefully its not a talent we end up wasting away.

With Wormley out, we risk to end up thin on the defensive line, which seems to be an issue later in games this season. Hopefully they are able to hold up on the first downs, so Packers will face 3 and long all day giving our pass rush better opportunities.

Archived